Monday, May 21, 2018

Super Abbreviated Workout

When you don't really have time to do a full workout, do an abbreviated one that at least hits all the important goals: cardio, pushing, pulling, core. I had a late morning doc appointment in order to get tests done for pre-surgical clearance for my upcoming glaucoma/cataract surgery. But since I skipped Friday, I was feeling the need to do SOMETHING today...

I got to the gym with just enough time to do the minimum for cardio (20 min). Most of the cross-trainers were occupied so I felt extremely lucky to glom onto an elliptical to do Intervals. I don't do Intervals on the cross-trainer! There's just too much resistance on my knees with that machine. Intervals suck. They really suck when you haven't worked out for a few days, like me.

I did have enough time for a Cage Stretch and pull ups. Then to the Mat for some push ups while debating whether I had enough time for other core items. Since there's road construction and repair everywhere, I was nervous about getting stuck on a detour to the doc's office. I read in T-Nation.com that some consider push ups to be so similar to planks that they're considered redundant exercises. I'd rather not do planks because I am starting to feel them in my shoulders. Not sure if I'd want to do Spiderman planks though... my son demonstrated them to me last night and they seem to be a combination push up and plank! If I do those, I'm definitely skipping actual push ups and elbow planks. Today, I decided I didn't have time and called it Done! 

Tomorrow I'll have more time so I figure Push Day, then Whacking Wednesday, Pull Thursday and Cardio Legs Friday. Friday I also have an afternoon eye doc appointment to further discuss this upcoming cataract surgery. I'm definitely looking at postponing the second surgery until I see how the first one fares...

Quickie Monday

20 elliptical
Intervals
Calories 201
Miles 1.75
Average Heart Rate 139/176

HGPU 30
Push Ups 60



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...