Thursday, August 3, 2017

Life and Other Distractions

I like my routines so it's disconcerting to me when my body's not quite in sync with my schedule. Today I had to be back at the house around 2 pm because I needed to phone someone. Because I got to the gym late, and Big Guy was on the Smith, I wound up doing a cardio and body weight workout. Which, at least, was a workout. But not the one I wanted. Normally I do a Pull Day on Thursdays. And why was I late? Because I had to go back to the house after taking my son to camp, so that I could finish my coffee and empty my bowels.

My bowels are a morning creature so if I miss my opportunity, unhappiness ensues until the next day. I don't want to chance having to use the gym facilities because while their toilets employ automatic flushing, they have no water pressure. And there's probably nothing quite as embarrassing as leaving a sticky pile of poo in the bowl that no amount of flushing will remove. Sometimes I lay down sheets of toilet paper in the bowl beforehand to prevent the proverbial skidmarks. Because, yes, it IS that embarrassing. Ugh.

I rush through my workout, pick up some groceries and rush home only to find that the person I need to call is now stuck in transit at an airport because her flight home got cancelled. So can I call her tomorrow? Well, of course. Meanwhile, my sister phones me to tell me she'll be stopping by my town on her way to the Poconos with her new beau. My sister lives near Albany so I think it's kind of out of the way, but since she offered to drop by to say Hi (and show off her boyfriend), I suggest they meet me at the library, and then they can see my photo show as well. But she can only meet me between 11:30 and noon tomorrow because they have a schedule to keep. Uh, okay. I don't want to give up gym time because I missed the past two days. So it's another abbreviated workout, but this time it's Whack the Kickboxing machine day. I can make do with less rounds, or it can be another Cardio day, but smacking the machine is much better fun.

Meanwhile I get a text telling me that my son's week at Kung Fu camp has been cancelled because the Master's wife has been called to jury duty and she can't put it off any longer. Of course, there's always a chance that she'll call the night before and they won't need her... meanwhile, now my son has three weeks of nothing to do before school starts. He's fine with that. I'm the one worrying...

I meant to go to the gym yesterday but the electrician came later than I had expected. He and his apprentice checked all the wires in my son's room and said they were all fine, but the one outlet was a bit funky so he replaced that. This endeavor entailed pulling furniture away from the walls so they could access every socket just to be safe. And 10 minutes after they left, the power went out for a half hour. Meanwhile, I have to put all the furniture and bedding back in place.

My son had a sleepover the previous night and asked me to pick him up at 3 pm. I get there, and he's playing a game with his two friends, and asks me if I can let him stay until 5. His friend says 7. I say "Go ask your mom" who's downstairs in the basement. At 5, I text my son and he asks if he can stay until 6. At 6, I ask him if he's ready, and he is. His two friends are still at the same table playing video games. Well, at least I had time to compose, print and address letters to Read Scout Reservation. My son and hubs will be away from this Sunday until next Saturday, and the Scout Master emailed to ask parents to be sure to send real mail, starting today. I found a joke web site and copied a dozen different jokes for each letter I'm mailing out to Scout Camp. Hopefully, this will be better received than last year's Word Puzzle books.

I'm not happy when I get on the scale today. I've been tracking my food, but missing workouts really hurts the effort. I snap a few selfies and feel like I look like a big bruiser. And yet, I know that I actually weigh less than when I first met my husband back in 1997. Oh well... 

Thursday
110 lbs
6.78 total miles

30 min x-trainer + 5cd
Calories 170
Miles 3.90
Average Heart Rate 142

HGPU 26
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 50
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Push Ups 50

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 3
Calories 322
Miles 2.88
Average Heart Rate 137

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...