Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Priority Adjustment

This vertigo thing is getting old. The weather's been unpredictable and temperamental, with intermittent rain and blazing sunshine. I get out of the house with just enough time to do a bare necessities workout, and still have time to hit the grocery store. Because I promised my son I'd take him to the movies. To meet up with some of his friends. Who also want to see this movie. My son doesn't really care about the movie. He just wants to hang out with friends. His friends, on the other hand, are huge history buffs. Especially military history. So we're seeing Dunkirk.

I get to the gym at just the right time. There's hardly anyone there! My head still feels oddly sensitive, and bending down too quickly makes the earth move. But not in a good way. I'm a little surprised that I make better mileage today than I did yesterday. Weird. My right shoulder is a little achy today. Pull ups might be an issue. Looking up is an issue. Ugh. Pull ups really only bother my left elbow. I skip everything else to use the Smith. No push ups. No crunches. No core.

M and another guy are at the adjacent MaxRack station, doing weird twisting pull ups that move their legs across their torso. I guess it's a core or ab movement. Sort of like Grandpa Spider. I think they're called Windmills. Except all the online examples I've seen show a person hanging, not with bent pull up arms. That's probably ridiculously hard. I'm not even vaguely tempted to try it.
Windmill without bent arms

I focus to make my movements slow and deliberate. My lower spine isn't really happy with the RDLs today. I actually lose count during my last set, but I'm too tired to repeat it. Even the three sets of RG BB Rows have me gasping a little. I don't have time for another round of cardio. Or anything really, other than a good stretch and a few pull ups.

Once I get home, I make myself a 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of water and a pinch of salt. Nuke for 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. They cool the oatmeal right down and I can add the scoop of vanilla ice cream flavored whey protein without worrying about the oatmeal becoming all gross and rubbery. It's surprisingly good, and filling. Now I'm not tempted to eat any of the candy the boys will be inhaling at the movie theater!

Tuesday / Pull Day

30 min x-trainer + 5cd
Calories 164
Miles 4.35
Average Heart Rate 154

HGPU 26

Smith RDLs
Bar (30lbs) x 12
80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 12
150 x 11

Smith RG BB Rows
80 x 25
100 x 25
120 x 25

HGPU 26




2 comments:

  1. So, how was Dunkirk? We plan to go locally. Maybe next Friday, as DH has some time off for doctor visits again. Looks to be a really good film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautifully shot. And very visceral.

      Delete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...