Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Back in the Dark Ages

The house lost internet service over the weekend so I wasn't able to post yesterday's workout until today when Verizon sent a crew and a bucket truck to replace the missing cables. No one knows where the missing lines went but there's been different crews on our road for the past several weeks installing wires to a newly rebuilt house (it burned down to the foundation a few years ago) in our neighborhood. Luckily we have a separate cell service and although we only get 1.5 bars at the house (4 bars at the park!), we could use the phone as a hotspot for other devices to at least stream YouTube... not quite the Dark Ages, but definitely inconvenient. 

Cardio was better but still a slog. I suspect I'm adapting to the new medication, but I don't know if this also extends to Timolol's IOP lowering abilities. Online, I read about other glaucoma patients who have had such severe reactions to Timolol's heart rate slowing effects that their cardiologist considered installing a pacemaker. WTH? Okay, not the case with me! 

My husband has created a new holder for my daily, preservative-free eye drops. It reminds me of Plankton (SpongeBob reference)! Now I have a holder for the Timolol, and one for the preservative-free, lubricating Systane drops (different size ampules). 

My pull-ups are better though. And Seated Cable Rows are the same. I'm at the gym late and avoiding running into the dozen or so Seniors who have signed up for the new fitness and mobility class (11:30-12:30). I see them exit the Aerobics Room, one on a scooter. I see the instructor carting out a dozen chairs. I've never seen chairs used in a fitness class before but these are also Seniors I don't recognize. I'm sure my gym has a contract with the local assisted living facility as well as one with a developmentally disabled group because I see these folks on the treadmill and other equipment. It's all good.

The instructor is still organizing and putting gear away by the time I enter the Aerobics room (a bit past 1 pm) and I'm surprised to see all the tiny plastic DBs strewn about the floor. I get my workout done, only the Walking Lunges making me worry about falling over. Even Wall Squats aren't horrible...

I have an SLT scheduled for Friday morning so no gym although I will take dogs to the park before my appointment. We had workmen at the house today, Tuesday, so no gym. But I'll likely be at the gym tomorrow. And Thursday. Forecast is for rain all week, but sunnier skies over the weekend, which is good because we're excited to view the eclipse.

1 April 2024 11:57-1:38
April Fools Monday (no home internet)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5594)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 147, 182-118
Fitbit: 51-122

HGPU 17.5

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 37 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Gym Changed Its Name

Looks like Google Blogger site is screwed up AGAIN and won't let me import photos. Sorry. On Monday, as I left the gym after my workout,...