Friday, April 12, 2024

Cardio is a Struggle

I've never been a big cardio fan but in the past few years, I felt pretty good about myself. That is, until I started taking Timolol for my glaucoma. Since it's a beta blocker, it's supposed to lower IOPs, widen blood vessels, and slow heart rates. While I had a decent workout on Wednesday, I skipped yesterday and regret it today because cardio was a horrible uphill struggle. If I can trust my FitBit, my heart rate peaked at 122, not as high as it should be able to achieve. And I barely cleared 2.8. (I had planned to go yesterday but woke up with a terrible headache, probably due to the low pressure systems flooding the area with rain and high winds.)

I'm usually better if I work out successive days in a row, but skipping a day shouldn't set me back so drastically. Except it has. My shoulders don't feel stable and I only make 15 reps at pull-ups, with the last 2 a bit of a struggle. I fare better in the free weight area and get all my reps for all my sets. It's also noticeably humid and warm throughout the gym, everywhere except in the locker room. The cool air is refreshing and welcomed until I step out of the shower. Oh well.

I hope to get to the gym more often next week. We'll see...

12 April 2024 12:23-2:16
Rainy Friday (& I’m struggling uphill)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5528)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 157, 188
Fitbit: 52-122

HGPU 15 (well that sux)

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets


20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 37 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Gym Changed Its Name

Looks like Google Blogger site is screwed up AGAIN and won't let me import photos. Sorry. On Monday, as I left the gym after my workout,...