Monday, April 15, 2024

Blazing Monday

Temps reach into the mid-70s today, so it's unusually warm outside, especially for mid-April. The kamikaze bugs won't leave me alone at the dog park. There's a senior class at the gym, meaning the Aerobics Room is off-limits until 12:30, so I don't even drive over until it's nearly noon. The gym seems almost empty which is great. I'm struggling with my cardio, but it is better than last Friday. Of course, part of this is due to which program I'm doing. Friday was program 1, which is technically easier because it's less steep, but always feels more difficult. Programs 2 and 3 have greater inclines and are technically more challenging, but are somehow easier. At least for me.

I'm able to get my heart rate up, or at least better than last week. My blood pressure was good last night but hasn't hit that "normal" point and it's doubtful if it ever will. I know my GP will suggest again that I double the dose of Losartan to lower my BP. My glaucoma doc says that the new eye drops Timolol will take up to 6 weeks to show if it's effective in lowering my IOPs (as well as my BP). The right eye is scheduled for an SLT in a few weeks. We'll see how all the pressures are then. Meanwhile, I take my own BP readings every few nights, sometimes every day if I remember.

It's warm inside the gym and I'm completely drenched after cardio. The doors are all open for increased airflow. I'm sure that the gym doesn't want to kick the A/C on just yet. I manage a paltry 15 reps at pull-ups. I've felt stronger but not lately. Seated Cable Rows feel okay. I'm glad the biting flies haven't found me yet. There's a sign outside the Aerobics Room stating that this room wasn't available from 11:15 to 12:30 for the Senior Classes. It's 1 pm and the instructor is just wheeling out a stack of chairs. 

I want to study under 
this painter
Luckily, everything in my core routine feels fine. Hip bridges help loosen tightness from sitting all weekend. I'm happy that my trip to Buffalo didn't result in any sciatic flare-ups. Dead Bugs go quickly and effortlessly. Push-ups still bother my shoulders a bit but everything else seems okay, even Walking Lunges and Wall Squats. Back again on Wednesday. I don't want to go to the gym tomorrow and have to rush to make my class: I signed up for another 6-week course. There's another class I'd like to take after seeing that instructor's painting at the art center's member's show, but her class is on Fridays and I already have a full schedule for the next several weeks. Hopefully, she'll be teaching this summer or next Autumn. 

15 April 2024 11:52-1:33
Blazing Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5630)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 151, 200-82
Fitbit: 52-134

HGPU 15 (well that sux)

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 35 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer's Gonna Be Unbearable

It was already near 60F when I woke up this morning. Already too freakin' hot! Dogs were panting after a few quick romps through the par...