Friday, April 19, 2024

Abbreviated Friday

It took me a long time to get to the gym although I did take pups to the park at their regular time. Part of the problem is the Senior class I'm trying to avoid. If I was more rigid with my schedule, I'd be out of my house around 11:15 but today I'm dragging. Probably because I did shoulders yesterday. While I didn't have any trouble waking up, I wasn't feeling very enthusiastic about exercise. Then I got distracted by a missing bird feeder. I went to refill the suet holder and realized that the sunflower seed feeder was gone. Not empty. Completely missing. Except for the cap, which was on the ground. 

My husband found it behind a wood pile several yards away, and it had been bent in half. Weird. He thinks it was a bear. We've had black bear sightings but never on our road. Mostly we get feral cats, raccoons (trash pandas), peepers trilling, and ghostly gobbling from wild turkeys in the back hills. We bent the seed cage back into shape and refilled it for the chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers (red-bellied, downy, and hairy), tufted titmice (pl sp?), house finches, and lately, goldfinches. The hubs also ordered a game cam which should arrive tomorrow.

It's a tad warmer today but overcast. The cardio platform isn't too crowded but I am admittedly tired. Program 2 should be easier but I'm having a hard time getting up to speed. I snap a quick pix of the elliptical dash but slowing down to steady my phone means being admonished by the machine to pedal faster. I'm drenched and breathing hard when I get to the Stretch Cage. I'm glad I can make it past the first dozen reps but don't make it much further. 

I sit down to do Seated Cable Rows since both stations are available. There are a lot of people in the free-weight area but I tend not to pay them much attention. I figure as long as I give myself sufficient rest between sets, I should be able to complete all my reps. And I do.

However, when I enter the refreshing crisp air of the Aerobics Room, I immediately think of all the exercises I can skip today. Because I'm tired. And I still need to go to the grocery afterward. Which means I'm done right after Bird Dogs because stretching out my back and  hips is really the most important function of this part of my routine. 

19 April 2024 12:33-1:54
Warmer Later Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5636)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 159, 196-92
Fitbit: 52-124

HGPU 14.5

Skip Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15, 15, 15
(Feels harder than usual, especially left fingers)

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...