Monday, April 22, 2024

Mondays Are Crowded

I woke up to a frost warning on my phone. It was chilly at 39F and dogs were quite happy at the park, except there was no one else there. Except for the heavy equipment trucks, because finally, the Parks Dept is going to fix the mud problem just outside the dog park gate. And maybe, hopefully, fix the broken fence as well. 

Huge yellow swaths of forsythia are starting to fade. Lilacs haven't made themselves known yet, but while walking the dogs at night, I came across the subtle sweet scent of a Japanese Andromeda (Pieris japonica) shrub. Cascading tiny white bell-shaped flowers exude a delicate fragrance and that's one of the few things I like about Spring. It's cold enough that only a single tiny frog is peeping in the darkness, but at least the kamikaze bugs have gone dormant again. It's Earth Day but I'm not inclined to do much outside except maybe haul in more firewood... because it's been cold.

Program 3
Probably because it was sunny but a bit cold, the gym was crowded. Also, it's Monday. And not raining. Cardio isn't going great. I barely make it to 2.8 on the elliptical, as if I'm fighting the beta blocker for the very first time. Again. Is it because I don't exercise on weekends? I don't know. I usually do well with Program 3, but not today. Pull-ups are moderately better but I'm disappointed and annoyed by the mass of fat old men at the cable stations. Which means no Seated Cable Rows today. It's too late in the day to hit this exercise after doing Core in the Aerobics Room, so I'll just deal with it on another day.

I have another SLT scheduled on Friday, this time for the right eye. Which means no gym on Friday. But there's Wednesday and Thursday. I have a class tomorrow and while I could theoretically hit the gym to do cardio, it'd be stressful to make it to class on time. I tried that once, and I don't like rushing, hate being late. 

The Aerobics Room has a few women already there but at least the room is cool. More fitness classes are being offered at different times but I'm not one to do that. (I do enjoy learning new techniques and the camaraderie of other middle-aged ladies at the arts center.) A tall old guy plops himself down to stretch and I immediately pick up on vibes I don't like. A leggy young woman enters and the old guy leaves. Maybe coincidental. Maybe not.

22 April 2024 12:03-1:22
Chilly Earth Day Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5462)
Distance: 2.8
Cal: 308
Avg Hr: 154, 188-82
Fitbit: 51-122

HGPU 16.5

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25 (knees)
Arm rotations 20
Walking lunges 38 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...