Thursday, April 18, 2024

Arduous Progress

Program 1 troughs are difficult
Today is the first time in several weeks that I'm doing cardio the day after having done cardio. And although it was really difficult and I felt like I couldn't get my HR to where it should be, I still did better than yesterday. Which is even more remarkable (in my mind) because today I was back to Program 1, which is much more difficult than Program 2 or 3. At least to me. It helped that temps were a good 20 degrees cooler so the gym wasn't swampy (warm and humid). I still worked up a good lather. 

No pull-ups today, and no Senior class! The gym isn't crowded and I can access an Inclined Breaker Bench to do my DB shoulder routine. The anterior delts aren't bothering me so that was reassuring. I get all my sets done and head to the frigid Aerobics Room. I'm tired and tempted to skip a lot of the exercises, but force myself to do everything. Except the Walking Lunges. Because my knees hurt a bit doing Air Squats. And I'm tired. But I still do Wall Squats. Because that actually takes less effort than lunge walking back and across a room. 

I'm hoping cardio is even better tomorrow but I have no idea how it'll go. I'll also have another go at pull-ups. I have to say that I'm quite disappointed in losing reps here, feeling weak and awkward. Figuring this out might take some time...

18 April 2024 11:47-1:33
Gray Chilly Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1 (super hard)
Time: 30+5 (5706)
Distance: 2.87 (whew!)
Cal: 320
Avg Hr: 154, 182-81
Fitbit: 52-128

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25 (knees)
Arm rotations 20
    Skip Walking lunges 36 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Gym Changed Its Name

Looks like Google Blogger site is screwed up AGAIN and won't let me import photos. Sorry. On Monday, as I left the gym after my workout,...