Thursday, April 25, 2024

Less Than Optimal

I'm still not getting to bed early enough to hit that 7-hour sleep benchmark. On most nights, I'm barely touching 6.5 hours, and last night I still hadn't reached 6. But I was closer. Five and three-quarter hours is still not enough sleep, but better than the previous night's five and a half. Baby steps...

Happily, it's Thursday and the parking lot is almost empty. But everyone has the same idea and the gym is actually crowded with regulars. I managed to squeeze onto elliptical #2 since both #1 and #3 were occupied. Temps are moderate outside and I bust a hard sweat after 10 minutes. I'm worried that I won't get past 2.8 because I'm not feeling like a superhero. But I match yesterday's 2.87, much to my relief.

No pull-ups today. Instead, I was able to claim an Inclined Breaker Bench and it was early enough (just a few kids) in the day that there were very few people in the free weight area. I can do all my sets in relative peace with a few stray bodies floating about, none really getting in my way. But by the time I get to the Aerobics Room, I've cooled down a lot and it feels chilly in there. I do everything except the Walking Lunges. I'm just too damn tired, and there's an old guy who can't make up his mind what he's doing or where he wants to be in that room. I don't have the patience or the focus to avoid him while lunging across, so I skip ahead to Wall Squats, and then I'm done. Yaaay!

Tomorrow I skip the gym for another SLT. So that'll be fun. No, not really. And probably no earthquake to worry about. Hopefully. I'll have to take the pups to the park earlier than usual. The puppy play area fence has been repaired and I'm impressed with how seamlessly that was done. But of course, the area is still padlocked (for no apparent reason now) and a bag of repair pieces got left behind... 

The gym locker room has a bunch of announcements plastered on the wall. Looks like the Senior fitness class is popular enough to be offered next month as well. That's great for the gym, but it just means I'm going later in the morning on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to avoid those folks. It's a true test of dedication because it's so easy to get distracted into doing other things... 

25 April 2024 11:47-1:36
Sleep-Deprived Thursday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5662)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 319?
Avg Hr: 161, 194-82
Fitbit: 52-136

   Skip HGPU 15

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warmup
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets


20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25 (knees)
Arm rotations 20
   Skip Walking lunges 36 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mondays Are Crowded

Not only is today the Monday after a soggy, cold Cinco de Mayo, but it's also just Monday in general. Which means the gym is crowded. Th...