Thursday, May 11, 2023

Technology Good and Bad

My tire pressure light went on as I drove to the gym this morning. At least I can fix that myself as my husband gifted me with a cool device: a digital auto pump that is small enough to keep conveniently under the seat. After my workout, I unscrew the suspect tire and find that it's down at least 7 lbs. I set the pump to 32 lbs (the default is 35) and attach it to the tire. It stops automatically once the proper pressure is reached. After a mile, the tire pressure light goes out on the dashboard.

I wish my workout was as easy as the tire fix. My standby MPOW earbuds are dead. They were over 5 years old so not totally unexpected. Unfortunately, I can't get the replacement earbuds to work. So I'm stuck with the AirPods. They work well enough although the caterwauling of the gym music leaks in and there's no way for me to increase the volume. I'm nearly done with my workout when the right earbud falls out. Unfortunately, it falls while I'm on the stair machine and lands on the first top step which has no back. Which means it falls into the abyss under the stairs and is not at all accessible from outside the machine. 

I tell the front desk and she tells me that Gym Owner has left for the weekend and won't be back until Monday. Unfortunately, he's the only one who can take the machine apart and retrieve the lost earbud. Then she tells me that this happens all the time. Ugh. My old MPOW earbuds were wired to each other so even if one fell out of my ear, it wouldn't fall very far. Certainly not down the back of the Matrix ClimbMill. So, now I need to shop for a new set of earbuds as well...

I'm achy and tired when I start, but I do feel better when I leave. The peepers have stopped trilling but the fragrance of lilacs is still in the air. Small thick stems with leaves facing each other scream Common Milkweed. Yaaay! I'm hoping to avoid the aphid problem this year but I'll have to be vigilant. There's no way to kill aphids without harming butterfly caterpillars using pesticides so it's totally a manual operation.

11 May 2023
Achy Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5438)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 307
Avg Hr: 137, 176-117

HGPU 20

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga


Right earbud falls out into step mill!!!

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-60)
Steps 530
Floors 33
Cal 77
Hr 131

HGPU 20







No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...