Thursday, May 4, 2023

Sooo Not A Morning Person

I really wanted to roll over and go back to sleep when the alarm sounded this morning. Part of the problem is my chronic sleep deficit during the week when I have to get up at an ungodly hour, 6 AM, to make sure my son makes it to the school bus. And once I'm up, I'm up. There's no napping. I tell myself I can make it up by going to bed earlier in the evening, but of course, while simultaneously reading online, watching a show, perhaps making dinner as well as feeding and walking the pups, and remembering to space out my evening eye drops... well, time gets away from me and it's 11 PM before I know it. Which means I'm not in bed until midnight. Six hours isn't enough sleep. I muddle on until Saturday when I have the luxury of waking at 8. Or maybe even 9!

I'm tired and I really don't want to be at the gym, but I skipped yesterday to do errands so guilt makes me exercise. And the workout is abysmal. Not a total loss, but definitely not great. I squeeze out 20 reps after cardio. The Aerobics Room has people in it I've never seen before, including a guy who's staring at his phone while planted on the stack of mats in the corner. Ewww. Get your lazy ass off the mats and sit on some empty bench in the free weight area instead! 

I literally don't have it in me to do another round of pull-ups. There's only one step machine available and while the TV works, setting the speed to 6 gets me 52 SPMs (steps per minute) for the entire duration. I'm too tired to argue with the machine. I really need to go to bed earlier tonight!

It's Star Wars day because May the Fourth, but it feels more like mid-April. Rainy and cold enough to warrant wearing my winter parka to the dog park. Of course, the weather is crazy and might hit mid-70s on Sunday. We have plans to visit Bannerman Castle on Saturday. I've never heard of it until yesterday when I scrolled through the Dutchess County Bureau of Tourism website. It's a ruin on a tiny island in the Hudson River, accessible only by ferry or kayak. We signed up for the ferry, and a tour. And the weather should be much nicer than it's been. My only concern are the 72 steps between the dock and the beginning of the tour trail at the top of the hill, because this weather has wreaked havoc with my sense of balance. There might be a name for weather-induced vertigo. Regardless, it's very unpleasant. Luckily, photos show a civilized staircase with railings...

4 May 2023
Star Wars Thursday and I’m Exhausted

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5332)
Distance: 2.76
Cal: 303
Avg Hr: 140, 170-80

HGPU 20

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (L)
Manual 10:06 min
Speed 6 (52)
Steps 526
Floors 32
Cal 77
Hr 143

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...