Friday, May 5, 2023

Maybe It's the Melatonin?

I still only got 6 hours of sleep last night but I felt better this morning. Maybe it's because I skipped taking the 3 mg dose of melatonin? I started taking the bare minimal dose because I got tired (no pun intended) of waking up in the middle of the night. Now, with all the hoopla about melatonin gummies containing tons more or less than what's on the label, I have to wonder if perhaps there's also an issue with standard melatonin tablets. I'm still tired, but not painfully so...

Temps are deceptively chilly for a brilliantly sunny morning. Clouds roll in later. Hopefully the weather will remain moderate over the weekend when we have plans to visit Bannerman Castle ruins. I still can't believe I've never heard of it until just a few days ago!

My cardio is a skosh better than yesterday. My abs are uncharacteristically sore and later in the day, I fend off the beginnings of a spasm in my upper right ab. The fact that spasms seem to be occurring sporadically in odd places has me a bit concerned. But what exactly would I ask Doctor Google? Spasms can be due to fatigue, overuse, mineral deficiencies, injury...

According to the blood work from my annual exam, everything's good. I'm not low on any vitamins or minerals, and as much as my GP tries to convince me that I need to treat my lightweight bones, I can truthfully tell her that I've never broken any, and hence, am not taking any of those treatments (with the concerning side effects) like Fosamax or Boniva. I'm short, but I'm certainly not frail.

After time in the Aerobics Room, I find my usual inclined bench in the DB area. Unfortunately, both pairs of 15s are in use. Luckily, I can also use the chrome-plated "beauty bells" on a side rack. These DBs have a narrower diameter so they're a tad easier to hold in my child-size hands. I don't use them often because the DB heads are very thick and I find them not as well-balanced as the traditional DBs. When I'm done with all my sets, there's literally no one in the DB area. Was it something I said? Kidding. I don't talk to anyone!

5 May 2023
Sunny Cinco De Mayo Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5530)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
Avg Hr: 147, 180


20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3
15 lbs x 25/15/25 cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...