Thursday, May 25, 2023

Thursday Before

A 5-day school holiday begins tomorrow with 2 weather "give back" days, days that are added to the end of the year holidays if they weren't used for snow/ice storms or other dangerous road conditions. Today was an abbreviated day to make time for the "Spring Festival" which showcases clubs and athletic groups. My son had no interest in the staying for that so I needed to pick him up from school at 10 AM. Which meant doing an abbreviated exercise routine. The parking lot wasn't quite empty but close. Only die-hard regulars inside. I guess I qualify.

I definitely wanted to at least do some cardio today to make up for missing yesterday. I had an appointment at my glaucoma doc's to retake a Visual Field test for the wonky right eye. While the eye feels better (not seeing white flashes and streaks like at the last test), the results were very similar: vision loss/degradation at the edge of the upper quadrants. I have to take another Visual Field test in a few months, and then the doc would like to do laser treatments to try and bring my pressures down. The IOPs aren't bad at 13/14 but they're not great. Everyone wants to see them under 10 but they've never gone that low. I've had SLTs before. Twice. They didn't make my pressures worse, but I can't say they made them better either. The doc says a lot of time has passed so my body might respond differently. I dunno.

After a surprisingly decent cardio session and good pull-ups, I find myself laying on my back on a mat in the Aerobics Room. I stretch my arms overhead and wiggle my fingers. I can see the fingers at the top edge of my vision on the left side (the left eye has better vision even though it's got that weird flap inside the eyeball), but not so much with the right eye. Of course, it could be that my right arm is slightly longer (I think my right leg is since I'm constantly pulling the hem down on my leggings on that side) or that I'm laying slightly, imperceptibly askew.

sample VF test results (not mine)


I don't have time for anything else today or else I've gone for a second set of pull-ups and a few minutes on the step machine. Admittedly, my forearms and shoulders are a wee bit sore, but only noticeable when I stress them. Otherwise, everything feels okay. Tomorrow, the challenge will be getting up to exercise without the urgency of making it to the school bus stop on time... We have no plans for the long holiday weekend, especially since my son has his Senior project due by the end of next week. My husband will be disappointed but there is always yard work to do and the weather seems prime for that.

25 May 2023
Short Day Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5728)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: 151, 198-110

HGPU 22

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...