Friday, May 19, 2023

Friday is for Fatigue

Again the gym parking lot is emptier than expected. I'm not sure where the regulars are putting their cars because they're still at the gym. Precor Fitness Program 2 is the hardest out of the 3 but always seems to motivate me to better results. I think that it's because there's less flat terrain (level 1-3) and more hills (level 7-13). It's not that I'm less tired. I actually hit the snooze when the alarm sounded, and was awakened a second time. Normally, I lay in bed for a minute after the alarm and then turn it off without resorting to the snooze feature. Yes, I'm really tired. But cardio is good today.

Core is the same. Hip Bridges always start out painfully stiff, even after a drenching cardio routine. But the second set is easy and painless. All those exercises in-between are doing something useful. The free weight area is mostly empty, but newbies have left plates on bars, water bottles, and general disarray. Occasionally the annoyingly high-pitched chatter of Latina leaks through my earbuds and I turn the volume higher. I don't understand how she can work out with her shoulder length hair flying loose, but of course, she probably doesn't have baby-fine cat hair that lands annoyingly on the face, nose, eyes and mouth.

I repeat Tuesday's DB Shoulder routine but this time I'm careful to keep count of my reps. The right forearm feels strange, as if muscles and tendons are twisted. It's a problem when I do Lateral Raises and Inclined Presses if I rotate my hands as I push the DBs up. This might be from yanking the Oriental Bittersweet vines out of my hedges because gardening is a lot of forearm work. But I do get all my reps in, even the wiggly last AMRAP set. Yaaay me!

19 May 2023
Fatigue Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5692)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 320
Avg Hr: 147, 182-81

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
(Sore right forearm)
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 2
20/15/20 x 25/15/30
15 lbs x 50/25/50 AMRAP

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...