Tuesday, May 16, 2023

New Fangled Cars

The parking lot is unusually crowded this morning. I slide into a spot close to the gym, careful to position the car inside the yellow lines. The spots closer to the shops are narrower, meant for subcompact cars but my Forester fits fine. It's the oversized Suburban next to me that overflows its spot, with an oblivious driver chatting on the phone. She's not elderly or handicapped. And she's in a parking spot that's too small for her vehicle. "Entitled" is the word that pops into my head.

Cardio is definitely better today as I finally made it over the 2.8 hump. Not sure what'll happen on Thursday though as I'm taking tomorrow off to do chores and errands. I'm happy not to do pull-ups. Saves me energy for later. After core et al in the completely vacant Aerobics Room, I steel myself for the DB Shoulder Routine. This time I'm determined to hit 50 reps for two thirds of the last set, the AMRAP set. It's good to have goals, no matter how silly.

I admit that my left arm started to wiggle a bit for the last 10 reps of the last set during Inclined DB Press. Okay, maybe wiggling isn't quite the right word. But you know what I mean if you've ever gone to failure on a set. And I know now that I absolutely have to record my reps as soon as they're done because I honestly can't remember if DB Lateral Raises went to 20 or 25... Ugh.

I'm really hungry by the time I get back to my car. As I'm slurping down my vanilla Ensure with a handful of extra vitamins, I notice people exiting their vehicles to go to the gym. Then a car across the drive aisle beeps and the back hatch lifts up but there's no driver in sight. Ah, modern technology. Someone probably put their keys on the "key ring board" across from the front desk and inadvertently hit the "trunk open" button. 

You don't actually have to be anywhere near the car to do this. And I'm not feeling like I need to venture into the gym to alert whoever is so lucky or unlucky as it might be... Hopefully his stuff is still there when he gets back to his car. Probably will be. This is a pretty safe town with little petty crime. But they'll be more careful next time. Or not.

16 May 2023
Crowded Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5580)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 141, 186-77

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 2
20/15/20 x 25/15/30
15 lbs x 50/20?/50 AMRAP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...