Tuesday, May 9, 2023

AMRAP

I don't feel too bad about the lackluster numbers from the elliptical today as I had to swap out my "low power" earbuds for the AirPods 25 minutes into the "run." Then I dawdled a bit too long in the Aerobics Room, relishing the quiet. The gym is crowded and so is the parking lot. There are "new" regulars who have changed their schedules or felt pangs of guilt about not having been all winter. Summer's just around the corner.

I set up at the Inclined Breaker Bench for the DB Shoulder routine when I see a flutter on the floor and realize a small beige moth has wandered inside, far from any exits. It's not going to fair well inside a gym so I pull off my gloves, cup it inside my hands and walk out the back door to release it outside. There's a wooded area behind the strip of employee parking spots and hopefully it'll find its way there. It's just a moth but I'd rather it be outside than haplessly squashed in the free weight area. Yesterday I saw the first tiger swallowtail of the season flit through the Bark Park. That's really early! Meanwhile, peeper frogs still trill in the evening. That's really late! The seasons are all messed up.

After a few sets, a new guy shows up in the free weight area. He's middle-aged and a bit disheveled. He brings a shopping bag and plants it on a flat bench. I'm focusing too hard on my reps to see what he's pulling out or putting into the bag. It does keep Tank and everyone else from using the bench, which is fine with me. Those guys are too chatty anyway. 

My arms waver during the 3rd set and I don't have time to rest longer between sets. Instead, I decide to let the last set, the cool down set, go AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible). And it turns out that means a bit more than the original 25 reps.

9 May 2023
Sunny Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5302)
Distance: 2.76
Cal: 301
Avg Hr: 115, 169-76


20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3
15 lbs x 30/15/40 cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...