Monday, May 8, 2023

Sunny Monday

I'm not getting more sleep but I feel better in the morning, mostly because I've stopped taking melatonin. However, not being painfully tired hasn't improved my performance much as cardio and pull-ups will attest. But at least I get it all done. Even the second set of pull-ups. Unfortunately, I can't make it past rep 20 for either set. The gym is crowded. And there is minimal a/c, even in the Aerobics Room! Ugh.

Turning the water to cold for a few seconds at the end of my shower helps me cool down. Temps will hit mid 70s today, tiny kamikaze bugs dart into one's ears, nose, eyes and mouths. At night, there are still the trill of peepers and although the forsythias have dropped their bloom, lilacs perfume the air day and night. Except for the suicide bugs, it's a lovely day.

We had a lovely trip to see the ruins of Bannerman's Castle, the shell of a poorly engineered spectacle of a warehouse on a 6-acre rock in the Hudson River. The weather was "picture perfect" making us feel very lucky. My husband enjoyed the ferry ride. My son took photos of plants and insects. It was a great day to be outdoors.

8 May 2023
Sunny Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5452)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 307
Avg Hr: 134, 176-96

HGPU 20

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-60)
Steps 532
Floors 33
Cal 78
Hr 134

HGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...