Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?

This morning as I was getting dressed, it finally occurred to me that I could snip that pesky tag off the inside of my gym pants. I love these pants: they seem indestructible after over 15 years of use, but the inside back tag is thick and just as resilient as the rest of the fabric. I have scissors handy and into the trash the label goes. 

I have scissors in every room of the house (except the bathroom) because as a child, there were only two "good" pairs: one that my grandmother used for cutting cloth when sewing, and my mother's pair. They were kept in secret drawers and woe to you if you "borrowed" them and forgot to replace them. I hate the idea of searching for household items you need on a daily basis, so once I realized that decent scissors are cheap enough, I bought enough to stock every room in the house. But I digress...

Cardio was better than yesterday but not awesome. Awesome was laying on the mat in the Aerobics Room and not feeling a painful protuberance over my tailbone. Why didn't I do this sooner?! Crunches and dead bugs are so much more pleasant now! I am truly that princess sleeping on 20 mattresses with a pea at the bottom.

I haven't done my shoulder routine in a while so that's what's on the menu today. I don't have time for the 4th "heavy" set but 3 is good. If I had more time, I could probably do another 2 sets with adequate rest between. The last set, a cool down, tells me I have lots more in the tank. The chatty regulars are literally draped over the Inclined Breaker Bench closest to the Squat rack. Click the volume louder on my earbuds. Then, use the other bench because it's less of a hassle. I really try to avoid interacting with anyone while I'm at the gym.

The gym celebrated the lifting of masking mandates but stating they wouldn't automatically be handing out bottles of spray disinfectant and wash cloth unless requested. Personally, I use the cloth to wipe the hair out of the shower once I'm done. It's my part keeping the shower usable! In the locker room, I apply the combination anti-fungal anti-inflammation cream. I still can't believe that it's a yeast infection on an unlikely area, not the armpit itself but just below it! The cream seems to be working, albeit extremely slowly. At least the rash isn't spreading... but the "cold uticaria" has re-emerged on one side of my body with painful red hives. And the other side seems fine... so weird.


2 May 2023
Tagless Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5580)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 147, 188-78

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3
15 lbs x 25/15/25 cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...