Monday, July 26, 2021

Weekends Are Fattening

I spent more time at the dog park than planned, mostly because people arrive later than I'd like, but dogs don't care as long as they get a chance to frolic and runabout. This of course impacts how much time I have for exercising, especially since I discover that the bread I planned to make sandwiches with this afternoon (for my son's lunch since he never eats at his job) has been sitting too long. It's moldy and needs to be tossed. Which means I also need time to hit the grocery after the gym and before I pick my son up from camp. Temps have risen to the mid-80s so it's plenty hot out and I'll need ice for the beverage cooler as well.

The gym is unusually crowded today so I hop on the Octane for a quick 20 minutes (plus 3). It goes faster than I expect. Next time I'll shoot for the full 30 (plus the automatic cool down but I don't remember whether that's 3 or 5 minutes). I realize that I might be too tired to attempt pull-ups after push-ups and air squats so I do them beforehand and only manage 15. Core and stretching feel fairly routine until I get to push-ups which are more difficult than I'd like. Ugh. I do my eye yoga exercises and then air squats.

The gym scale tells me something I've suspected. I've once again put on weight, but the amount is shocking: 2.5 lbs over the past two days. I'm hoping it's water from the salty foods I've eaten all weekend, but I can't deny the truth: I'm not eating properly. And instead of losing weight, I'm gaining. This calls for a drastic rethinking of my food, what, why, and when I'm eating. Because I can't continue this way: I'll be fatter than when I started exercising 10 years ago! And no one wants that!

26 July 2021
Basics Blazing Monday

Octane LX8000
20 min +3 cool down
Program Manual 1 lateral 4
HR 121-156
Cal 160
Distance 3.09
Floor 49
Steps 2956

HGPU 15

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Air Squats 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...