Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Summer

I'm a walking bug attractant. After I tossed my gym bag into the car, I noticed some activity near the bulk of my precious milkweed plants and was rewarded with the sight of the first monarch butterfly I've seen this year. I'm hoping for caterpillars! Of course, there were countless other insects as well, including a rather large and intimidating huntsman or wolf spider lying in wait on a stem just under the big bowl of milkweed blooms. It looks to be about 3" long from front tip to back tip, which is a pretty big spider around here. Yesterday I saw a wee praying mantis barely 2" in length as well as countless baby grasshoppers and assorted ants of varying sizes and colors.

What I don't see are all the insects that bite me and leave my bare arm welted, itchy and red. I'm in my gym clothes and thus, unprotected. When I wear bug-proof clothes, I get bit between the fingers and on my face and neck. This morning, I got bit through my cargo pants legs while at the dog park. I don't want to wear DEET every morning so I cover up, but lately that's not enough protection. Ugh.

I get to the gym late. It's nearly 90F outside and I have just enough time to do cardio and core with push-ups and air squats. Maybe I'll get around to pull-ups tomorrow.

6 July 2021
Blazing Tuesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 84, 137-180
Cal 319
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mat stretch w Seated Twist




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...