Thursday, July 22, 2021

Trade-Off

The dogs got to play with friends they haven't seen in a while so I make it to the gym a bit later than I had intended. I thought about doing another "cardio only day" but really I needed to push some weights. I've been blowing off weight lifting far too often because cardio seems to be more critical for health in older folks. I don't have enough time to do all three components (cardio, core & stretching, weights) so today I skip core. Besides, I do that almost every day that I exercise and I've read that some now believe that doing core everyday isn't productive. 

However, I don't make it to the Stretch Cage to do pull-ups. Those will have to wait until tomorrow, which will be a "fun" cardio and core day. Maybe I'll do Intervals or, if I dig up my old files, some HIIT cardio. I just don't remember the sequences I used and it's always helpful to plan in advance what the routine will be. Math is the last thing I want to do while pedaling as fast as I can!

I stop off at the store before picking up my son from his summer camp job. I haven't been able to buy any pastrami for weeks now. The fellow behind the counter says their supplier has been having trouble getting stock in so no one can tell me when or if there will be pastrami for sale next week. Pastrami is pricier than deli ham or turkey but well worth it: lower in fat and sodium and much tastier. I like to lightly pan fry the strips, then layer it on a toasted bun with a slice of spicy jalapeno-studded Monterey Jack cheese (pepper jack). It doesn't even need mustard. A few bread and butter pickle chips on the side are always nice. I buy some arugula instead to make a nice spicy salad.


22 July 2021
Thursday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 2
HR 85, 130-177, 90, 88
Cal 321
Distance 2.87

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
Rev Incl flys (w/u) 15 lbs x 20
20lbs x 20, 25, 25


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...