Monday, July 19, 2021

The threat of rain was greatly exaggerated over the weekend although we did have flash flood warnings (and some area flooding), power outages (one due to a lightning strike vs utility pole), a tornado touchdown the next state over, and sporadically heavy winds. Today was overcast and cooler, but still humid. Dogs went to the park hoping for playmates. After 2 hours, only one other pup showed up to frolic and they had to be satisfied with that.

I got to the gym at half past noon and it was crowded with regulars and maybe college kids. They were mostly all gone by 1 pm, and by 1:30 the younger kids showed up. I'm happy I got my cardio in, some core and a smidgeon of stretching, pushed a few weights. I'm not happy that I keep gaining weight. Ugh. I'm sure it's an age/metabolism thing (I am, after all, in my 60s). My father resorted to eating just one meal a day to keep himself slim enough to wear all his favorite clothes. I'm not sure I can do that now that I'm eating oatmeal to control my cholesterol. And I've added 5 prunes a day to my meal routine. Again for cholesterol control. And I won't know if it's working or not until I go for new blood tests next month. 

Meanwhile, I've got to figure out where I can cut calories because I can't see increasing my activity any more than I have. I suppose lunch is the indulgence I can't afford unless it's going to be just a salad...

In the Aerobics Room, there are two boys doing planks. I want to tell one that he's going to give himself a backache with the way he's doing planks: his shoulders much higher than his hips with a big dip in the lower back. But I don't say anything because that might embarrass him and at least he's trying.

19 July 2021
Moderate Monday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 106, 86, 133-194
Cal 316
Distance 2.85

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Air Squats 25

HGPU 15

EZ Seated Cable Rows
70lbs x 15 reps
77.5 x 12
85 x 10, 10, 10
77.5 x 12
70 x 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...