Tuesday, July 13, 2021

untitled

I got a decent workout today because I shortchanged the pups out of time with friends. They went to the park but we go so early that there's rarely anyone else there. By the time people respond that they'll be there in 20 or 30 minutes, I've already packed the dogs up and returned home. Not because I'm mean but because they were bored without anyone else to play with. And bored pups dig up interesting dirt to eat. I'm not sure why but once one finds a tasty spot, all the other pups will want to get a mouthful too. Ugh. I'm glad I give them Simparica Trio (good for roundworms and hook worms but not against whip worms or tapeworms). Maybe I should consider a wormer? 

4-day old ankle bug bite
I don't think I got bitten today, but the bites I already have are more than annoying. Today, I doused myself with DEET, including my face, neck and hands. It still tastes awful. (I know I'm supposed to spray my hand and then pat my face but I honestly didn't want DEET on my palms when I still had dog treats to dispense.) The nasty bite on my front ankle chafes with socks and you can't wear boots or trainers without socks. Well, you could but that'd be gross. The bite I got through my pants leg yesterday turned out to be three welts making an uncomfortable raised itchy triangle.

I'm a little taken aback at how crowded the gym is on a Tuesday, but while I'm pedaling the elliptical, the room clears out. Whew! I see a few more regulars from pre-Covid times but I'm not inclined to greet anyone. I'm disappointed that my HGPU are 2-3 reps shy of what I can normally do. However, in the past, I wouldn't've done air-squats and push-ups beforehand. It's embarrassing that just two little exercises should affect a movement that isn't really stressed by them. Push-ups stress core, triceps, pectorals, some delts. Air-squats are quads and glutes. Pull-ups are core, lats, biceps, forearms, maybe some traps and delts.

The vet's office has called and emailed for me to set up a new appointment but I'm going to wait until he's less stressed. I joke that the pup's got PTSD from his last visit. Maybe next time I'll bring both pups and my son as a support team. I think that might calm him down even though he'll be drugged with gabapentin and trazadone. Maybe tomorrow I'll stick around and let the dogs play with friends. If I do, that'll necessitate a quick cardio only workout... because everything takes too much time.

13 July 2021
Overcast Tuesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 1
HR 80, 140-189
Cal 319
Distance 2.86

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Air Squats 25

HGPU 14 

Seated Cable Rows
70lbs x 15 reps
77.5 x 12
85 x 10, 10, 10
77.5 x 12
70 x 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...