Friday, July 30, 2021

Plans Change

I hate it when the tire pressure light goes on in my car, necessitating a trip to the local Valvoline. I'm 200 miles shy of the next oil change but close enough. I've popped into that shop countless times just to have them check my tires and pump a little air and they do it for free. It buys loyalty. I also have a $15 coupon that expired months ago, but Valvoline shops never refuse to honor any of their coupons, no matter how old! This also buys loyalty. Everything else checks out, including my a/c coolant, which the other Valvoline shop claimed was low and could be refilled for $150. Uh, no thanks. The only reason I ever went to the other shop is because they're certified to do the required annual NYS "safety" inspection and my local shop is not.

Between that and waiting in a long line at the CVS, I barely make it to the gym with just enough time to do the one critical thing: 30 minutes of cardio. I toss in a few stretches and a bird dog, all the things that make my sciatica feel better, before showering and dashing off to pick my son up from his camp job.

We were all looking forward to seeing Lindsey Stirling at the Beacon Theater on Monday, but she has unexpectedly cancelled that show. Ugh. There's no explanation, but I suspect it's because Covid infection rates are on the rise. Boy Scout camp is a week away. My son will have exactly one day from the end of his camp job as a counselor to pack his gear and I've printed out the list of items he'll need. We'll see if he actually manages to pack it all.


30 July 2021
Pleasantly Friday

LF cross-trainer
25 min + 5 cool down
Program Manual 1
HR 124-150
Cal 242
Distance 3.55

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...