Thursday, July 29, 2021

A Nice Cardio Workout

Weather is so changeable these days. The threat of torrential rain looms over the day but I'm still at the dog park with the pups for their morning romp. Luckily there are other dogs to play with. The gym isn't too crowded so I'm able to pedal the elliptical first. I don't give myself time to cool down before I hop on the Octane for another 15 plus minutes. 

My lower back on the left side starts to ache when I use the mid-range lateral width (5). I have to narrow to 4 and the ache lessens. My feet are never happy with the lateral movement of the Octane: pressure on the outer edges make my feet hurt by the time I'm done. Oddly, I get more distance with ten more steps but fewer calories expended.

from Butterflies at Home
subtle differences
Thankfully, the Aerobic Room is cooler and it's mostly empty. I always select a corner far from any equipment so I can stretch out and not be in anyone's way. I don't understand people who plop themselves on a mat next to the pile of mats, forcing others to step over and around them just to get a freaking mat. That's just rude. 

I do another 10 minutes on the ClimbMill after the requisite push-ups and air squats. Yesterday was a beautiful day and I spied a butterfly I'd not only not seen before, but I had no idea what it was. Black and orange but its underside resembled a dead leaf. But it wasn't a Dead Leaf butterfly. I had no idea what type it was. I snap a few quick photos to review later. Tossing the image into Google brought up Question Mark butterfly vs Eastern Comma butterfly. What? It's definitely a Question Mark butterfly. And I'll probably never see one again.

Question Mark butterfly


29 July 2021
Cardio Thursday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 144-195, 84, 87
Cal 326
Distance 2.91

Octane LX8000
15 min +2 cool down
Program Manual 1 lateral 5-4
AHR 131 max 140
Cal (118) 114
Distance (1.18) 1.29
Floor (36) 35
Steps (2214) 2124

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Air Squats 25

Matrix StepMill
10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
HR 120
Cal 79
Steps 537
Floors 33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...