Friday, May 7, 2021

Minimalist

I got to the gym and decided to do something just a little different. So instead of hopping on the elliptical, I clambered up the lone Matrix ClimbMill and walked up the stairs for 20 minutes. I started at Speed 5 but that only got me 45 steps per minute so halfway through I hit the + button and sped along at Speed 6, making it 55 steps per minute. I'm wiping sweat off my face when I'm done. 

After the basic core movements and some stretching, I had barely enough time to do a few pull-ups. If I hadn't had to rush home to get my son to an appointment, I probably would've done some Inclined Benching on the Smith. The gym wasn't very crowded because it never is on Fridays, and besides, the weather was perfect for an outdoor run if you're into that sort of thing. 

Even though I've reserved Tuesdays and Thursdays for doing chores, I still haven't gotten around to clearing the pile of wood in the middle of the yard, or weeding the raised bed where milkweeds might've survived the winter. Still waiting for bees to hum the dandelions. So far all we hear are birds and frogs, and while the scent of lilacs is wonderful in the air, it's troubling that no one has seen any wild bees... 

7 May 2021
Pleasantly Friday

Matrix StepMill
20 min
Speed 5 / 6
HR 129
Cal 146
Steps 988
Floors 61

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

HGPU 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...