Monday, August 31, 2020

Clean in an Instant

There's nothing as refreshing as stepping into a shower blasting away sweat and grime. I felt clean in an instant after my workout. But because it'd been so long, I'd forgotten my routine, and consequently, I'd forgotten my shower shoes (flip flops) so I had to wear my gym socks into the shower because I'm super paranoid about contracting athlete's foot. I'd also forgotten to bring actual shoes to change into. And stepping into the shower, I almost forgot to take off my mask! 

Luckily, I remembered at the last moment. And I always keep a spare pair of socks in my gym bag so I could put those on afterward and slip back into my sneakers. I did get a bit impatient when two other women came into the locker room, obliviously chatting. I needed to put some lotion on my face and you obviously can't do that wearing a mask, so I had to wait until they left. I used the yellow gym towel to wipe down the shower. It's not very big or absorbent but it's enough to pick up all the stray hairs. The water pressure makes it all worth it. 

The workout itself was routine. I couldn't access either elliptical but the Step Mill was unoccupied. I added an extra 5 minutes and increased the speed to 5 just for that time. Maybe next time I'll spend 20 minutes on the Expresso Bike. That's always a lot of sweaty fun.  

I recognize a few regulars like Little R and Bandana Man. There's maybe half a dozen people populating the entire gym. I would've thought Mondays would be more crowded, but we are here late morning. There's no lunchtime crowd. My husband and I do separate workouts but try to finish at the same time. It's nice having a routine again. And better now that I can shower immediately afterward instead of riding home sticky and sweaty. 

31Aug2020
Monday Again

Matrix Step
Speed 4 / 5
Min 20 + 5
HR 128
Cal 163
Steps 1069
Floors 66

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 scissors
50 Bicycles
Plank 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Quick stretch

Smith inclined bench
Sticky Bar (30) x 15
+20 x 15
+40 x 15 x 3 sets

15 lbs DB raises supersets x 3
x 15 lateral standing
x 15 seated bent over

Rip Skulls
25 lbs x 12
30 x 12, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...