Monday, October 1, 2018

Simultaneous Relief Yet Disappointment

Over the weekend, which seemed like one really long street fair because in a way, it was, we drove up to the annual Garlic Festival in Saugerties NY for a day, and the next day, our Boy Scout Troop helped vendors set up the town's Columbus Day Street Fair. Oh, and we also led the Columbus Day parade because the Italian American Club is one of our sponsors. And later, we helped vendors take down their booths when it was over. So I'm tired, but not in a good endorphin-generating way. More like "being on your feet all day" kind of way, which I don't think qualifies as exercise.

I also had to turn in an assignment for a class I was enrolled in. Unfortunately, I didn't quite fulfill all the requirements 110% so I'm not doing that anymore. I've been booted off the island! Which is simultaneously disappointing, and a big relief. Because I still haven't fully recovered from my sleep deprivation from turning in the first assignment. Ugh.

Coasting on 6 hrs of sleep a night while trying to make up for the 2 nights of 3-4 hours is not a great thing to do when flu season is right around the corner. And because I'm not able to work out properly, my anxiety is at an all-time sleepless high. Just what I need when I'm trying to catch up. Many articles state that it's really impossible to catch up lost sleep by sleeping in over the weekend, and the only solution is to go to bed earlier during the week. Uh, yeah, in a perfect world perhaps.

Meanwhile, I leave the house late this morning (because I needed to move my husband's car out of the driveway while he was in the shower) and got stuck behind the school bus, which I chided my son about, because it's probably his bus. He still wants me to drive him to school though, so I'm having to refuel the car more often. Ugh. Then I get stuck behind an elementary school bus, which means it literally stops every two houses down the road. Eventually I get to the gym to do my 30 minutes of recumbent biking. I actually get warm enough to unzip my hoodie. I even feel a little moisture forming on my forehead. But my pulse rate is 102. Weird, right? Maybe it's because I haven't had enough sleep?

Monday Blues
30 min recumbent bike
Calories 116
Miles 2.72
HR 102

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...