Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday-After Workout

I really didn't think that a Boy Scout hike, labeled Easy, would take such a hard toll on my body. Of course, it was also 12 miles. Halfway through the trek, my left hip started to ache. And then my leg just under the knee. My toes slammed into the front of my leather sneakers, my bunion caused my toes to cross over and stab each other, and my heels got sore. However, the Boy Scout socks I had on maintained their cushion softness and I didn't get any blisters.

I'm still sore when I wake today. My hip is still off and I suspect it might be the tensor fascia lata, although this injury doesn't feel like IT Band syndrome (which usually manifests as pain outside the knee joint). At least my toes have mostly recovered. I have a few hours before my dermatology appointment and today's not the day for 4 x 4s. Instead, I do the Octane and then the Step Mill. Because Friday was a Push Day, I do a modified Pull Day today, but again, no RDLs, especially not with seeming hip hinge tenderness.

I feel beat up so I'm pleased that I can do any pull ups and push ups. Actually, being beat up doesn't seem to have any impact other than quicker fatigue. My T-bar rows, lat pull downs and one-arm seated cable rows are all routine. My last set of pull ups is a bit disappointing, but not unexpected.

My dermatology appointment is just to have a few weird things looked at, so basically, for peace of mind. A tiny hard spot under my skin on my finger is apparently nothing to worry about. The weird ridged discoloration of my big toenail appears to be a side effect of the eczema patch on my big toe. Again, nothing to worry about. What is more concerning is the birthmark on my thigh. It's like a large freckle that has doubled in size so that it's now more than a 1/4 inch long. And now there's a darker spot forming at one end, while the rest of it is a medium latte brown color. The doc marks the borders and then injects a topical anesthetic. He scrapes the discolored skin off with a scalpel and sends it off to be tested. I'll get the results in a week. The flesh underneath is white, which is a good sign that the birthmark cells is deeply embedded. Whew!

Tomorrow I'll think about doing the Norwegian 4 x 4. And maybe a few other things...

Monday After
20 Octane LX8000 + 3 cool down
Default settings
Manual
Calories 140
Miles 1.90
HR 121 M184
2610 strides
43 floors

20 StepMill
Level 3
Total Steps 684
Floors 42
Calories 110
HR? 129

HGPU 20
Push-ups 50
Crunches 30/20
Bicycles 50

T-bar Row
Bar x 12
25lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Lat Pulldowns (neutral grip)
70lbs x 12 reps
85 x 12 x 3

One-Arm Seated Cable Rows
30lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Stretch

HGPU 15



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...