Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Redefining Active Rest

I'm still sore from Sunday's hike so I thought I'd take it easy and just do more cardio. It's called Active Rest and consists of moderate cardio exercise to keep everything warm and flowing. I get on the elliptical (beating the Lazy Pedal Dude to machine number one) and select Program 3. My heart rate is all over the place, but that's not unusual. When I'm done, I stretch at the Stretch Cage but skip doing pull ups.

However, after doing planks for core, I feel unsatisfied and wander back into the free weight area. The Smith is vacant but there's no bench under it either. I take a few minutes to warm up my shoulders with baby bells. Then I drag the flat bench over to the Smith to do Flat Presses. I haven't done these in a really long time. And because I haven't benched in months, I take it really slow and easy.

I guess my Active Rest Day has become a Push Day, which means DB Laterals super set with Reverse Inclined Flyes, followed by Rip Skulls. The only things I skip are pull ups, push ups and crunches. After a quick stretch I'm done.

My son wants to know when we're getting a new puppy, and as much as I want to replace the one we lost because the house feels so weird now, I haven't cleaned up the dog's crate yet. Or the rest of the kitchen. I'm not ready yet, but I keep scrolling through dog adoption websites. I even see one who seems to fit the right parameters. Should I contact that rescue organization? Should I wait? Will I lose an opportunity that I should take? I don't know...

Tuesday Active Rest. Not.
30 elliptical
Program 3
Calories 275
Miles 2.47
HR 151-200

Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

DB T, Y & I
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Smith Flat Bench
Bar (30) x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
100 x 12
60 x 25

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
15lbs x 12/15 reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...