Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Kept Repeating It's the Journey, Not the Destination

There's a problem with the Apple mail server today so I'm either going to have to retype my exercise notes or wait until it's resolved. This also means I have no selfies to post, but that's okay. There's probably too many of those floating around anyway.

Like most days, I'm never quite sure what I'm going to do exactly until I get to the gym and see what's available. My lower back is still a little stiff. Exercise will help. I get on the elliptical and pedal away on Program 1. I'm starting later than usual because I had to rush back to the house after driving my son to school, to meet the plumber who reattached the sump pump to the outdoor conduit. It wasn't a difficult job, but it was beyond my capabilities, and my reach. Afterwards, I had to sort through paperwork and bills. At least a lot of the equipment is vacant at this point.

I always toy with the idea that I'm just doing a cardio day, but that's never how I feel after I finish my 30 minutes. That's my warm up. The Smith is empty, and lonely. I knock out some push ups and then start my Push Day routine. It feels pretty good too, although I skip the high rep set today. Everything seems normal, even when I decide to revert back to 20 lb DBs for the shoulder super sets.

I even add 5 lbs back to the Rip Skulls. I almost forget to do any core, but manage to squeeze in a few planks. Whew! I'm nervous when I get on the gym scale. It's been unkind for past few weeks, hovering dangerously at 113 lbs. Today I'm relieved when it reads 110.2. I feel like I'm finally back on track again. Maybe I'll drop a few pounds and fit into the rest of my clothes before winter?

Tuesday's A Push Day

30 min elliptical
Program 1
Calories 273
Miles 2.46
HR 153-200 (yup, waay too high)

Push Ups 50

Smith Inclined Bench Press
Bar (30) x 18 (I kept adjusting the angle for a few reps each time)
50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12 x 3

DB Laterals s/s Reverse Inclined Flyes
20lbs x 12/15 reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
35lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Stretch


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...