Thursday, February 8, 2018

Low Blood Sugar or Something Worse

I had planned to do two big movements today, and then whack the machine tomorrow, but plans are always adjustable... The Smith was occupied non-stop, and since I'd already done benching and RDLs at least once this week, it wasn't critical for me to do them again, although I would've like to. Instead, because I got to the gym late (2 hr school delay today, school cancelled yesterday due to the snow and ice storm), and the Smith was always occupied, I just did Core and Cardio.

I'm having some issues with seasonal vertigo again. It's been an annual winter occurrence for the past few years, and it's very distracting. Right now it's mostly just annoying, but it won't take much for things like driving to become problematic. Ugh. Worse, I got completely stupid once I got home and couldn't figure out how to turn my car off in the driveway. Seriously, what the hell is going on? I kept trying to remove the key and the car wasn't in Park. (I actually did manage to do that once in my old car. Not proud of that.) I'm attributing that to super low blood sugar and the fact my head feels a bit surreal, and is really screwing with my mind. And I ate breakfast today! And didn't do a ridiculously hard workout either. Ugh. Once I get home, I scarf down two eggs poached in oatmeal with a heaping spoon of homemade blueberry preserves. I feel better already!

Tomorrow I'm either going to whack the kickboxing machine, or actually do Smith Inclined Benching and RDLs again. Because I'm trying to up my workouts a bit but not spend all day doing it. Doing the "big movements" twice in a week might be a way to do that. At least for me. But I really don't want to give up whacking the machine. Ugh.

Why does it say 182 when I'm
not even touching the sensors?!
Today's workout was fairly basic, although the elliptical seemed a bit possessed and kept running heart rate numbers even when I wasn't actually touching the sensors with my hands. I managed to squeeze out a few more pull ups too although all the floor mat stuff was routine. Because I couldn't use the Smith machine, I decided to do "more but different" cardio. And a good stretch at the end just so I'm not horribly sore tomorrow. Well, I'll probably be sore, but I won't notice it unless I'm doing something that's directly affected... like doing arms and shoulders the day after benching and RDLs. I haven't decided whether that's worth the change or not....

Vertigo Thursday

30 + 5 elliptical
Program 2
Calories 336
Miles 2.97

HGPU 30
Push Ups 60
Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Elbow Plank 60s

Expresso Bike
Rabbit Run 2.3 miles
Calories 68
Time 13:24

Step Mill
15 min
Level 6
Floors 52 / 841 steps
Calories 123

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...