Friday, February 23, 2018

Thank Goodness for Antihistamines

Playing around
I was miserable yesterday but remembered to take the 10 mg loratadine pill around 9 pm. Even though my head was a tad groggy from a lack of sleep, I feel a lot better. It was even raining outside and my head still feels heavy, but at least I don't want to hurl when I bend over to brush my teeth. Sadly, I can't wait until the Olympics are over. While staying up until midnight just to see one brilliant Russian youngster beat another for the Gold medal was totally worth it, my body and especially my brain needs more sleep.

My son and hubs are away for the weekend for a Boy Scout camping event that features heated cabins and indoor rock climbing walls. It's going to rain all weekend, so the boys will either run around in the rainy cold or hang inside. There's a fort and a pirate ship for clambering over outside. My son might bring his Exploding Kittens card game to relieve boredom. We played it once and it was hilarious. Not as wicked as Cards Against Humanity, but in the same vein.
I do my warm ups surrounded by newbies. Well, I can't complain because I was once a newbie. Granted, that was over 30 years ago back in a college weight room, but you gotta start somewhere. Luckily, there's no one at the Nexersys machines, but then again, there never is. I only ever see me there although I know the Gym Owner likes to whack the machine at least once weekly. I'm happy with 7 rounds Beginner and 5 rounds Intermediate. I'm happy with 4 rounds Follow Me and 3 rounds of Sparring. In time I'll probably return to 7 rounds Intermediate.

Because I'm a little slow, I have just realized today that the round numbers on the final score screen at the end of a session actually refer to specific programs. For example, in the Beginner session rounds 1, 3, 5 and 7 were all Follow Me. But rounds 1 and 3 had all the same combination call outs. The machine glitched and repeated the same program, FM2 with a Spar(ring) round in between. None of the other rounds have a repeated reference number. With the 5 Intermediate rounds, the machine again adds data from someone else's Sparring (no Accuracy but there are strike Points) and Follow Me rounds. Of course, the machine insists it's giving me data for 5 rounds (circled in the right upper corner). Regardless, I have a good time and a great workout. My knuckles sting a little and my quads and glutes are still sore from two days ago. Ugh. I barely get my 26 pull ups, so I'm greatly relieved to get them done! I do a full Mat Stretch just to get the kinks out of my shoulders and back.

Today my hubs lied to me about his drinking. I found a liquor store receipt dated two days ago. He claimed the empty bottle holders in the trash were old and he was just cleaning out his car. He doesn't know that I know he's lying. I don't confront him because he'll just go to greater pains to conceal his alcoholism. I keep making deals with myself that he'll work his way through this, but now I'm not so sure. I know there are a lot of functional alcoholics in the world. I know that he doesn't drink if he's driving. I'd like to believe that he'll always be safe and do the right thing and only drink when he has no other responsibilities, and that he'd never endanger our son. But I don't know that for certain. I don't know what the future holds.

Friday

10 elliptical
Calories 96
Miles 0.85

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15
Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys
7r Beginner 3Sp 4FM
5r Intermediate FM

HGPU 26

1 comment:

  1. Damn...I am sorry to read that last bit, my friend. I will keep you in prayers.

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...