Monday, February 26, 2018

Avocados are Making Me Fat

I'm never quite as productive as I plan to be. I blame some of this on the brain fog that seems to accompany vertigo, sinus ailments and persistently rainy weather. I don't think I'd survive Scotland. Yesterday in bed, I flipped onto my right side and felt, for the first time, a slow liquid roll inside either my lower right sinus or inner ear canal. It's hard to pinpoint exactly where inside one's head that things occur. Now that the month is nearly over, I'm hoping my vertigo will clear up too. Of course, I've just read that we're due for another Nor'easter by the week's end with more rain, if not a wintry mix. Oh joy... Good thing I've got bags of sidewalk salt and my shovels on the ready!

Before I went to the gym, I got on my home scale. I know I look heavier in the mirror lately and just needed to confirm my fears. Yep, 110 lbs and a creeping body fat of 15.9%. I'm sure it's the luscious avocados I've been eating every day. They're the perfect vehicle with which to eat raw minced garlic, especially if you spread the mashed fruit on toast or crackers. I have to cut back on my calories, and especially my fat intake. Maybe I'll just eat a 1/4 avocado instead of half each day?

I feel tired even though I've had my cup of coffee and a cup of lightly flavored Siggi's icelandic-style yogurt. It's higher in protein and lower in sugar than most other brands, and while I was a little dismayed that they use fruit pectin to thicken their yogurt, it's better than corn starch. It might be that the multi-B vitamin with added B12 is not as good as taking individual B12 and B6 vitamins.

Once at the gym, I see that it's sort of crowded. I get on the cross-trainer that I dislike and don't pedal very hard. I'm only able to hit 2.90 miles in 30 minutes, and my toes are tingling in both feet. Ugh. I can't stretch at the Cage either, because it's occupied. Pull ups will have to wait, and that will either be great, or really bad. I knock out my core and push ups on the Mat. The Smith is free so it's definitely a Push Day. I do my standard routine but can't resist upping the high rep set just a tad. Just a tiny 2.5 lb plate on each side to make the bar 65 lbs instead of 60 lbs. Next week, I'll make it 70 lbs.

The rest of the routine is fairly standard. But my arms are tired so I'm extremely happy when I manage to squeak out my minimum 26 pull ups. Ugh. The left elbow and a hair of the right outer wrist seem off today. I hope these don't affect my Pull Day tomorrow! I do my Mat Stretch and go home.

My new driver's license has arrived and I'm excited. And disappointed. Because the new photo is B&W? Seriously? The ID number is hard to read, and there's a tiny translucent replica of my photo set into a trapezoid cutout on the side. My name loops underneath this image. I guess this makes it harder to forge? It's downright ugly. Still, at least the photo's better than my last one. And probably for the first time, my hair isn't in complete disarray...

Monday

30 x-trainer
Calories 129
Miles 2.90
Average Heart Rate 132

Push Ups 60
Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Elbow Plank 60s

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 12
65 x 25
60 x 25

BB Front Raises s/s Upright Rows
20lbs x 12/15reps x 3 sets

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
20/25lbs x 12/15reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40lbs x 12reps x 3 sets

HGPU 26

2 comments:

  1. I think all DMV folks have to get their PhD in bad photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo looked okay this time, but I have to wonder at using B&W instead of color images.

      Delete

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...