Thursday, February 15, 2018

When the Machine Can't Count

My head was as foggy as it was outside this morning. Not quite dizzy, and no nausea but still, not quite right. I take a pseudoephedrine pill at 8 am and go about morning chores. By 10 am, I haven't stopped sniffling so I pop another red pill. My right ear feels intermittently hot. It's hard to explain, but I'm pretty sure this is all sinus-related. I plan to whack the machine and I can't do it if I'm constantly dabbing a tissue to my nose! I'm also a bit sore all over, but it's only when I go to put on my sport pants that I notice my glutes. Yep, that would be those three measly pistol squats.

The gym is unusually empty and I wonder if people have started their long weekend early. My son doesn't have school next Monday (President's Day) and next Tuesday. I'm not really sure why he has Tuesday off. I do my warm ups and then proceed to whack the Nexersys. I like the new standard routine of alternating Follow Me rounds with Sparring Rounds. The machine still has issues with the Power Dig sensor and the Power Kick. Afterwards, I decide that I can handle 5 more rounds of Intermediate Follow Me. Just for fun! But when the rounds are over, the machine has 7 rounds listed: my original 5 for Follow Me, and an additional 2. But they're not my rounds, and I know this because I can compare the photos I take of each final screen. Oh well...

I finish with a few Hammer Grip Pull Ups and call it a day! Tomorrow I'm going to squeeze in a light workout before an appointment with the dental hygienist. Oh joy...

Thursday

10 x-trainer
Calories 47
Miles 1.22

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys
7r Beginner 4FM 3Sp
5r Intermediate FM

HGPU 28

2 comments:

  1. Pseudofed will unclog your sinuses, which for me anyway, makes for a runny nose (sniffles). But a good antihistamine (Claritin, Benadryl, etc) will dry that up. Benadryl makes a lot of folks sleepy, but Claritin doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sudafed® changed their OTC formula to the phenylephrine, which doesn't work for me and has nasty side effects. The real stuff (psuedoephedrine) is only available in NY with a driver's license and a ridiculous promise not to make illicit drugs with it. Claritin contains loratadine, which I buy generically. It seems to make me drowsy which is why I take it at night. Everyone reacts differently. But I still have the sniffles... :(

      Delete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...