Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Did It Work, Or Is This Coincidental?

I admit that staying up late just to watch Shaun White qualify for the Olympics was probably not my best idea, but I really wanted to know how this 32-year old would handle conditions. And he was phenomenal! I held my breath for his entire run, and was totally amazed. Wow! It was better than watching Chloe Kim win gold, and she's totally awesome to watch! Like an animé rag doll on the slopes with perfect control of her board. I'm always jealous of athletes, but not in a bad way.

This is also the first year I've seen so many young Asians competing, and it makes me feel really good. When I was a child, everyone was white. Except for the marathoners. They were always wispy black Africans from Kenya. There were no Asians in the media, except for Mrs Livingston in The Courtship of Eddie's Father, and rare musicals like The Flower Drum Song. But I digress...

I took one loratadine tablet last night at 11 pm. It's suppose to be good until 11 tonight. I sleep fairly well, and although I feel a tiny bit off this morning, the vertigo and nausea is fairly mild. My right shoulder twinges a little though, but that might be from sleeping oddly. It's a Heavy Push Day, even though I'm not going to push super heavy. Actually, I'm staying fairly light on the RDLs. But I add back the RG BB Rows, keeping them at a moderate 80 lbs for sets of 25 reps. I test out my quads with a single pistol squat with each leg. Left leg is fine. Right leg not so much. Residual problems from the sciatica ages ago. I'll have to ease into that. Maybe tomorrow.

There are a lot of regulars. The Mayor is full blast today. He's especially loud when there's someone new to talk to. And the volume only increases the closer he is to where ever I happen to be. Ugh. I manage to avoid Stinky Butt today. Yesterday I just got off the elliptical as he was getting on. No one should be able to smell someone else from 4 feet away!

Tomorrow I plan to do Shoulders and Arms. And a few pistol squats. Just for fun. And I'll take another antihistamine tonight and see if I have any vertigo tomorrow. I might have to email my brother and tell him, but I'm dreading that...

Tuesday Heavy Day

30 x-trainer + 5cd
Calories 166
Miles 4.48
Average Heart Rate 150

HGPU 28
Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 12 wonky right side
60 x 25
50 x 25

Smith RDLs super light
Bar x 15
80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 12 x 3

Smith RG BB Rows
80lbs x 25reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...