Monday, February 5, 2018

Mixing It Up

It was raining when we went to sleep last Thursday. I answered the automated call signifying a school delay at 4:45 am. Three-hour delay! We've never had one of those before! That's literally a half day, but front-loaded. Apparently, it had snowed all night and we were left with a bright sunny day to shovel the frozen "wet snow" and ice off the road, and our cars. My hubs was set to shower when we discovered we had no water. Again?! WTH? After multiple immersions (due to basement flooding), the water intake regulator for the well tank had rusted apart. Ugh. I called the plumber. My hubs went to work dirty. Luckily he was in the field that day, where literally no one notices if you've showered or not.

I explained what we thought was the problem so the plumber could pick up parts on the way to our house. He's good like that. It only took hiim 30 minutes to fix the issue, and also replace the pressure gauge on the well tank because that was stuck in the 12 noon position. It had also been submerged several times and was rusted inside as well. We discussed raising the 20-year old well tank above the flood level, when we fit a new tank in it's place. It's going to require some new piping. He tells me that the new tanks only last 5 years. WTH? I'm not replacing the tank every 5 years! We'll revisit this issue some time later. Ugh.

Today is the first day I'm back at the gym after 3 days. The one good thing about my hubs going low/no carb is that I'm not over-eating horribly on weekends. But we both have our annoyances with the app MyFitnessPal. Today it gives me last week's data in a nice chart format so I can see trends. What it tells me is that the one day when I seem to hit all my macros properly, is the one day I don't come close to meeting my caloric goals. Figures. I am happy though, when the gym scale reads 110.2 lbs, which, for a Monday, is pretty good. Lately, it's been anywhere from 111 to 113. That gives me hope that I can get the numbers a little lower by the end of the week.

I need to really mix up my routine, because, like the dog, I'm getting bored. I made ground turkey boiled with brown rice and oatmeal for the dog this morning. He loves that now, and scarfed it all down once I dumped a few spoons onto his ground turkey, white rice and meds breakfast, which he had previously sniffed at and walked away from.

This is the week when my favorite Life Fitness cross-trainer gets replaced with something or other. Sigh. It's vacant when I get to the gym so I hop on for 30 minutes plus the 5 min cool down. Then pull ups, push ups and core. The Smith is free so I set up for Inclined Presses. Then I do light sets of RDLs, something I've been meaning to do for a while. My right knee bothers me at 120 lbs. I finish the set, but I don't really want to do more at that weight. Instead, I drop down to 90 lbs and knock out 3 sets there. It's not quite as "aerobic" as the back-to-back sets of 25 reps I do to end the Inclined Press, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna feel this tomorrow.

Today's a "heavy" push and pull day, with a lot of cardio. Tomorrow I'll do Intervals, and all the shoulder and arm stuff I skipped today. If I get to the gym Wednesday (hard to say with a new snow storm threat), then maybe another Push Pull day. I'm hoping to get in kickboxing on Thursday. Friday, I need to be home for a delivery, but I don't have a delivery time range yet.

My hubs also wants me to sign my son up for the Snow Sports merit badge. He won't be around next weekend, but I'll have to take my son to Thunder Ridge ski area for a class on snow sports. None of us know how to ski, skate, or snowboard. Should be interesting. It's suppose to be 40F, but they have snow-making equipment. Well, it beats sitting around the house...

Monday
6.78 cardio miles

30 + 5 x-trainer
Calories 162
Miles 4.22

HGPU 30
Push Ups 60
Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Elbow Plank 60s

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
50lbs x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 12
60 x 25
50 x 25

Smith RDLs (super light)
Bar x 15
80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 12 (rt knee)
90 x 12 x 3 sets

30 min elliptical
Program 1
Calories 289
Miles 2.56
Average Heart Rate 150

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...