Friday, February 3, 2017

Ever So Slowly

My hubs found out this morning that he had to be in Boston this weekend. Not just this weekend, but clear through until next week. This will be the first time in 20 years that we will not be watching the Super Bowl together. I'm not a big football fan. Neither is he, but he at least played football in HS. Which means he can explain all the plays and rules, because it's never quite made much sense to me. I know the basics, but certain things still confuse me, like first downs... My son has no interest whatsoever and will be watching the Puppy Bowl instead. Because who doesn't love puppies?

I don't make it to the gym until just before noon, just after my hubs leaves for work. It's eerily empty although there are a few stalwart seniors gabbing at the coffee tables. After 10 minutes on the elliptical, I'm barely warmed up. It's a good thing I like to do 5 rounds of Beginner. The right Cross Pad gets a tad floppy after just a few rounds. The Power Dig doesn't register for half the combinations, and the screen goes blank a few times for more than a few seconds. Which means I can't see what blow is called for, and miss. This impacts my Accuracy score negatively, but I don't care. I just enjoy smacking the machine.

The Intermediate level is the hardest today because of the errant programming in one of the rounds. The machine literally vomits combos in a blinding succession that's impossible to react to. I fair better in the Advance level, but the machine doesn't record my blows with any accuracy. Oh well... I don't have time to jump on the elliptical, and I go straight to pull ups before washing up. Dang! I can only get 35 today, but that's not so horrible. I do stretch out a bit because my shoulders are tight from yesterday's workout although I'm not quite sure why. It was just a body weight routine.

Tomorrow is my son's Boy Scout Court of Honor where he'll be awarded his Tenderfoot rank. It's a breakfast assembly so we have to get there at 8:30 am. Ugh. No sleeping in. And I hear there's snow and sleet in the forecast for next Tuesday. Again. Not sure why Tuesdays seem so blessed. Well, it IS winter...


Friday Workout

10 min elliptical
Calories 93
Miles 0.83

Nexersys
5r Beginner
5r Intermediate
5r Advance

HGPU 35




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...