Wednesday, February 22, 2017

With Nothing Else to Do

The "shoulder" is not at all happy. It's easier to call it a shoulder issue even though it's most likely an upper arm and pectoral injury, but that's quite a mouthful. Shoulder is easier even if it's not at all accurate. It's not my shoulder but any off movement of my upper arm causes a lot of discomfort so it might as well be my shoulder. I should probably wear a sling to hug my arm close to my body and restrict its movements, but I don't have one readily available. I suppose I could make one out of a scarf or a long belt. I certainly don't want to buy one. It's certainly going to make typing and driving extremely difficult. As it is now, this wonky "shoulder" is causing me problems trying to back my car into the driveway. Sigh.

The gym is crowded when I get there, but virtually deserted by noon. I get on my favorite cross-trainer for 30 minutes but don't use my arms for the first 5. My right is stiff and painful when I start pumping the handles, but eventually everything warms up. I do one set of pull ups and skip the push ups today. It never hurts to do more core so crunches, knee-ins and planks are still a go. Because it's a Cardio Day Workout, I'm back on the elliptical for another 30 minutes. Afterwards, the Step Mills become available and I spend 20 minutes doing that.

After a quick but gentle shoulder and back stretch, I'm ready to stand under a hot shower. The gym scale reads 109.0 so I'm happy even though I know it's because I only drank half my water today. I drink more when I'm pushing weights because I swig water after every set. I hate having a dry mouth! I notice today that I almost forget to swallow when I'm on the cross-trainer, and that can lead to trouble because I'll inadvertently inhale something I should've swallowed! Hello uncontrollable coughing fit! Very embarrassing...

Not sure if I'll do a Cardio Day tomorrow, or a Pull Day. Either way, I'll still do an hours worth of cardio so it's actually silly for me to label today a Cardio Day. Except that it's not a Push or Pull Day. Oh well...

Wednesday
6.11 miles

30 min x-trainer
Calories 139
Miles 3.60
Average Speed 7.15
Average Pace 8:23

HGPU 36
Knee-Ins 50
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

30 min elliptical
Program 3
Calories 282
Miles 2.51

20 min StepMill
Level 5
Calories 143
Floors 60
963 steps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...