Friday, February 24, 2017

Other Consolations

I got another 6 plus miles today so I can count this week as one where I've tallied more than 30 miles. For someone who disdains running, that's pretty impressive. Of course, I'm not running or jogging these miles. I'm pedaling them on a cross-trainer or elliptical. It's nothing compared to what an avid cyclist might log, but you cover a lot more ground with wheels. Still, that's my consolation for this week. I wish I could say with absolute certainty that my "shoulder" is healing nicely, but I don't actually know. It doesn't hurt most of the time, but when it does, wowza. Because I've refrained from doing any movement I think might re-injure it, I'm always surprised when I do something benign, like rotate my arm to pour milk into my shaker bottle, and yikes, boy does THAT hurt!

I skipped pull ups and push ups today. I did do crunches and knee-ins, but nixed the planks. And I did a few reps of barely inclined Smith presses. Then bench was maybe 30° so it was virtually a military press. I just wanted to do a big movement to get some blood moving in the upper body. Kidding. I didn't push too hard and skipped everything else. With 10 minutes left on the Intervals program for the elliptical, I hear the dreaded Battery Low warning. WTF? I put everything on the charger yesterday! Especially since I used the A8s yesterday! I have the U8s in my gym bag in the locker room, but I'm not motivated enough to swap out earbuds. Actually, I want to see how much battery life is left after the warning comes on. There's a second warning 5 minutes after the first. Three minutes later, the earbuds are dead. So that's 8 minutes. And I wind up pedaling the remaining two minutes in silence. 

I've only sucked down half my water bottle today. I got to the gym late but managed to see a bunch of regulars on their way out. It's so nice today only crazy people would spend their lunch hour indoors. With temps hovering near 70°F, I don't even need a jacket or hat. In February. In New York. The gym scale reads 108.8 lbs. It's been better. But it's definitely been much worse. I actually feel smaller even though I'm popping out of one of my workout tanks. Ugh.

Monday I have a follow-up appt with the glaucoma doc in the morning. I'm sure she'll tell me my vision is worse based on the last Visual Field tests I took. But I have to wonder if my right eye peripheral vision is so bad, then how is it that I'm so distracted by the tiny square of light behind my right side whenever the tech peeks into the room via 2x3" sliding window to see if I'm done? How am I able to see that while I'm facing forward staring at the little orange dot? You can be certain I'm going to ask her.

Friday
6.35 miles 
(total weekly mileage 31.3)

30 min x-trainer
Calories 149
Miles 3.71

Knee-Ins 50
Crunches 3 x 60

Smith 30 Inclined Press
12 x Bar (30), 50, 70

30 min elliptical
Intervals
Calories 300
Miles 2.64

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...