Friday, December 30, 2016

My Hubs is Making Me Fat

I've only gotten myself to the gym 3x this week. Yesterday was a rain-soaked miserable day and I never got out of my pajamas. Not even to walk the dog. I could tell my son wasn't feeling so good when he fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon on the sofa. He normally never naps. My hubs and I went to the gym this morning, and let my son sleep in. He was still asleep when we got back!

I could've done a combo Push-Pull day, mixing benching with RDLs or BB Rows, but I decided that today was just going to be Push! After 30 min on the elliptical, I knocked out my pull ups, push ups and crunches. And then, because we had a bit of a time crunch, I skipped planks and knee-ins and moved towards the weights. The old man I call Ming The Merciless was on the Smith, so I settled onto a flat breaker bench. Unexpectedly, he came over to tell me that he had just one more set. How nice! I guess the regulars know who I am, and what I like to use, even if I'm not chatting with any of them. The Mayor is absent, but I see Skinny J with someone who might be his wife. My hubs is off doing his own shoulder workout. We rarely have any interaction at the gym because we both have our own routines.

Flat benching starts to twinge my right shoulder at just 120 lbs so that's my max for today. 25 reps at 90 lbs is work, but not impossible. The Inclined Benching is also hard today, probably because I haven't fully recovered from whacking the kickboxing machine on Wednesday. Actually, my quads are kind of sore too!

DB Lateral Raises super set with Reverse Inclined Flyes are almost impossible. I muscle through them, glad that I'm facing the mirror and there's no one close by to see me grimace. A middle-age guy I've never seen before, with a big head like Hulk Hogan, stares after I take my hoodie off and drape it over the bench. I don't like laying on the bench without something clean between me and it. Like my freshly laundered hoodie.

I've been eating rather poorly all holiday break, between the pulled pork tacos with too many salty condiments, to the meatball pizza my hubs brought home the other night. I'm slated to make pot roast again for New Year's Eve supper. Still, I gasp a little when the gym scale reads 113.2 lbs. Ugh. I don't normally eat this badly, but it's hard to tell my hubs that I don't want to snack on cheese and crackers when he's laid it all out in front of the TV. And our newest favorite show is Canada's Worst Drivers. Seriously. We stream it off the Kodi device, and watch shows like Downton Abbey and Murdoch Mysteries, as well as movies like Moana, and Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The new Lands End workout pants seem better now that they've been washed. Not quite so clingy. I dragged my son off to Kmart and bought him two pairs of sneakers for school and kung fu. And myself two more sports bras. I was quite pleased to see that Everlast has sizes XL, 2XL and 3XL. And somehow, they've changed their sizing so that I'm good with just an L. I love the fact that Kmart prices are cheaper than going to Marshall's. The bras were $9 apiece, which is great considering that they have removable no-peek padding! My son's sneakers listed at $30 but rang up at $20 apiece. Awesome considering how fast he seems to be popping out of his clothes...

I've totally forgotten that I have an eye doc appt on Tuesday at 8:30 am. Okay, I might still make it to the gym though... My hubs is off Mon and Tuesday since he had to work this past Wednesday. He's happy enough. But I need to get this bulking checked, and but quick!

Friday Workout

30 min x-trainer
Calories 143
Miles 3.85
Average Speed 7.68
Average Pace 7:48

HGPU 31
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 x 50

Flat Breaker Bench
Bar (45) x 12

Smith Flat Bench
Bar (30) x 12
12 x 80, 100, 120
25 x 90

Smith Inclined Bench
Bar x 12
12 x 50, 70, 80

DB Lat s/s Rev Incl Flyes
25 lbs x 12/15 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...