Thursday, December 29, 2016

Mid-Week Workout

 My hubs found out that he needed to be in Boston this morning before 7:45 am so he left around 4 am, way before I was awake. He didn't get home until this evening, and brought pizza! Yaaay! Meanwhile, I went to the gym, then retrieved my son to do a week's worth of errands in a few hours before the nor'easter hits us tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll just be rain...

new pants
The gym is only partly crowded at 10:30 am. The kids don't show up until closer to 12:30, when I assume they've rolled out of bed. I do my 10 minutes on the elliptical to get the blood moving, and then plant myself in front of the Nexersys. I'm there for over an hour since it takes me time to wrap my hands, and I take a few minutes between sessions. Each round is 3 minutes plus 1 minute of rest. I set my programs for 5 rounds at each level, so that's 20 minutes per level and 3 levels. If anyone's waiting for me to be done after a single 3-minute round, well, they're out of luck. Personally, I don't see the point of just boxing a round or two, but I'm kind of compulsive.

I'm wearing new gym pants I bought from Lands End. They're too shiny to wear anywhere but the gym because of all the spandex. And they're clingy. But they're comfortable enough to wear kickboxing. I'm a bit bummed that they're a tad long even though they're a Petite 28" inseam. Maybe I'm shrinking? It's just annoying how the pants cling to my ankles and need to be folded up half an inch...


I do 15 minutes on the elliptical, using Program 1. Then a quick set of pull ups before showering and changing. Meanwhile my son texts me if I'm done yet. He got a lot of video games for Christmas, and a big sheep pillow from the Hearth & Plow catalog. Because, inexplicably, he loves sheep and lambs. Which means he refuses to eat lamb chops. It's okay. A boy can have quirks.

My hubs really spoils me. He got me the sheepskin steering wheel cover I wanted (my son didn't have any problems with that), because while I have heated seats in my car, my hands are always pained by how cold the wheel is, even with gloves on. He also bought me gloves. And a sheepskin seat belt cover. And red plaid flannel shirts (I asked my son for a specific one from LLBean and I got that, but my hubs decided he liked a different pattern and got that as well), and a new iPod.

My favorite -- 6th generation nano
3rd gen iPod -- needs a case
I don't need an iPod. I have my old 6th gen nano (which was originally meant to be a watch from what I understand) with the handy clip that I use to affix to my waistband. Oh hell, I still have my iPhone 3 and two 3rd gen iPods, one with Kidz Bop music on it! This new one doesn't come with a clip, but it's a beautiful cinnamon red, and has Bluetooth. Which means I can use wireless earbuds. It also means I'd need to load all my music on to it from my ancient MacBook. I'm thinking I need to transfer all my files onto a USB drive anyway... But I need an iPod holder because, as I explained to my hubs, women's gym clothes don't have pockets! Ugh... My hubs was kind enough to order me a protective case that comes with a clip. Also in red!
the latest nano with new case

And what did I buy him? Several cool T-shirts with gaming logos on them, and two books on Newfieland, otherwise known as Newfoundland, Canada. Because he likes listening to their radio shows. Everything else, I gave him before Christmas because it was camping gear... Oh well.

Wednesday

10 min elliptical
Calories 100
Miles 0.87

Nexersys
5 r Beginner
5 r Intermediate
5 r Advance

15 min elliptical
Calories 148
Miles 1.30

HGPU 31

Photos posted for actual stats:

5 rounds Beginner
(a great warm up!)

5 rounds Intermediate
(I managed to keep myself focused for all 5 rounds!)

5 rounds Advanced
(I don't often see the machine telling me that I'm outpacing and over power at this level. I'm happy!)

5 rounds Advanced
(Mostly the machine kicked my butt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...