Monday, December 5, 2016

And The Forecast Calls for...

I got the call at 5:02 am. And the text, and cell phone call. School is on a 2-hr delay due to snow and slippery road conditions so I don't need to get up at 6:30! I can get up at 8:30! But I still need to walk the dog, and heat up chicken and rice for his breakfast so I can mix in his meds. My son stumbles out of bed and grumbles when I make him wear his winter coat. It's 34°F outside and even though it'll be a balmy 44 when he gets home, I worry about things like Fire Drills and him standing outside without a coat. I still need to shovel the dog ramp, walkway, driveway, and most of my car because I am not one of those people who drive by just peeking through what the wiper cleared on their windshield!  They have no side vision and snow will come flying off their roof. I hate those people. Seriously.

I get to the gym late and realize I've forgotten to administer my eye drops. Ugh. I'll have to do it when I get back to the house. Even though I slept in, I feel tired. And I still have this cough! It takes longer for it to manifest itself which tells me it's deeper in the lung tissue. But I still feel as if I'm getting better. It's just taking a really long time. Sigh.

Monday is considered Universal Bench Press Day but I'm good with not doing those if the Smith's not available. It's not. So I just muscle through chin ups, push ups (I lose count around 70 and do an extra 10 just in case), crunches and planks. And then I'm back on the cardio platform for round two. A last set of pull ups and I'm done! I might bench tomorrow, or just do Inclined Benches. Those are easier on the shoulders, but then again, I am using less weight. I've ordered another pair of earbuds from Amazon because nothing is as good as my old pair of Sony earbuds that I got from Kmart for $6. I actually find them again, but now they're over $29 on Amazon. I put those into my Later Basket, and instead order a completely different brand, Rovking, which got great reviews and are half the cost. We'll see... hearing my tunes makes all the difference in whether I have a good workout or not.

I've talked my hubs into going to a party at a bar this coming Friday. It'll be the first time we've ever gone to a "gym party". They're sponsoring the eats, but it's a cash bar. I'm not much of a mingler, but since we're missing out on hubby's company Holiday Party (he'll be in Houston for that) and my son has a sleep-over party, well... it's good to do something different every now and then. I'd really like to go dancing actually. There might be a DJ later on. Maybe even dancing. I don't care about the gym people who might or might not go. I just want to have a drink and go dancing with my hubs.

Monday Workout
6.26 total miles

30 min x-trainer
Miles: 3.69
Calories : 140
Speed: 7.36
Pace 8:09

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 100 (110?)
Crunches 3 x 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

30 min elliptical
Prgm 1
2.57 miles
291 calories

HGPU 36 Yaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...