Friday, December 9, 2016

Finally Friday

I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday so I feel a bit guilty. But taking a few days off isn't necessarily bad. For me, it actually improves my stamina and I can go 15 rounds without feeling seriously winded. If anything, I'm actually punching my combinations faster by the end of the last session. I'd like to think I'm just as accurate, but the machine has a different opinion. During the first round of Beginner, it negated all my front kicks even though the console lit up green, showing me a proper strike. But the Accuracy meter continued to drop. I think the sensor might be damaged.

I also see the Cross pad (top, facing my left) start to wobble after I hit it with a particularly vicious Power Hook. Ooops! The screen blanks a few times, but not due to any Cross or Jabs. It's the Hook that's really knocking it silly. Oh well... I don't break a sweat until the very last round of Beginner. Intermediate is frustrating as usual, especially since I'm not fond of the Sweep moves. But the Advance has a few rounds that mimic the Beginner except that the combinations are much faster. I can deal with that. Especially since I have Billy Idol plugged in and I can move with dance rhythms. It really makes a big difference!

I've sucked down nearly the entire 1.5 liter bottle of water so I have to pace myself during elliptical cardio and pull ups. Yeah, even though kickboxing the machine is cardio intensive, I don't really consider it cardio because of all the kicking and punching. Plus, you break 5 times after 3 minutes for 60 seconds. There's a longer break between Beginner, Intermediate and Advance naturally, but it's not like I'm chatting and drinking a cup of coffee!

I see a few regulars today, and I'm surprised that I can't actually hear The Mayor even though he's at the far end of the weight room. He's got the desperately raspy voice of a man at all-night rave so even when I can't see him, I can usually hear him. Maybe he's got laryngitis? Creepy guys are at a minimum today. There's a couple of people with their kids today. One is a Latino father trying to show his teenage son how to use the Assisted Pull Up and Dip machine. The kid is better off learning to do real pull ups and dips, but I guess you gotta start somewhere...

My gym is hosting a Holiday Party at a local bar and this will be the first year that I might attend. If my hubs is up to it. Our son is at a sleep-over party tonight so I don't have to worry about him. It's basically up to my hubs... He got in from Houston last night and is probably still tired. But it'd be nice to go out and socialize a bit, even though I'm not sure I'd actually talk to anyone from the gym. Well, maybe a few of the ladies, and the gym staff of course. But definitely not the creepy guys!

Friday Workout

10 min elliptical
Calories 98
Miles 0.86

15 rounds Nexersys
5 r Beginner
5 r Intermediate
5 r Advance

30 min elliptical
Program 3
Calories 283
Miles 2.52

HGPU 31

Photos posted for actual stats

5 rounds Beginner

5 rounds Intermediate


5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...