Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Abbreviated Tuesday

I had all sorts of plans to be productive this morning, but of course I went to sleep too late and had trouble gathering my thoughts. Eventually the coffee kicked in and I came to my senses. I went to the gym, used my Kmart 20¢ off per gallon coupon for BP gas to fill the car, went to my glaucoma doc appointment where my eye pressures were okay at 13 & 14 but not great, dropped off three bags of assorted outgrown boys winter clothes at GoodWill, and mailed holiday packages to my brother and sister and remembered to buy stamps to mail our holiday cards. Then made it home in time to greet the hubs who had just returned from Boston, start the laundry (because I can't stand having my gym clothes stew too long in my car) and drive off to pick my son up from his after school chess class. The boys are fed (including the pups) and I barely have time to knock out a few words online. This constant running from point to point is probably what most parents do in the "modern world". Now, of course, I'm yelling at my son to get ready for Boy Scouts...

I had to decide what was more important: cardio or deadlifts? I could spend my hour and a half doing mostly cardio and bodyweight exercises (with time to shower and change) or I could sacrifice one of my cardio sessions and actually get some lifting in. I opt for the latter. I don't have time to do everything I'd like so I lose a set of pull ups, and the One-Arm Seated Cable Rows. The Mayor has been very quiet lately, so either he's got laryngitis for real or he's no longer trying to get noticed. Even PJ Pants and Shaggy keep their distance. Yaaaay!

There's a wiry old guy at the Stretch Cage so I bide my time by doing a few knee-ins. Meanwhile, he's grasped the front edge of the cage roof to do pull ups, and then he pulls his entire body up parallel, with his feet resting high up on the back bars, like an ancient SpiderMan. Well, I've never seen anyone do THAT before! Very cool... and a hard act to follow. Still, I manage to muscle my way through my set of hammer grip pull ups. I have the blue gloves on, which are the wrong gloves, so I don't have a good grip on the bars. The blue lifting gloves are better suited for actually weight lifting. My red gloves are thinner and better for pull ups and push ups, but because they're thinner, they're also starting to tear at the edges. Lately they've been catching at the seams. Bummer...

This morning while I was running around my house trying to get my act together, I notice my arms in the distant hall mirror. Hey, I can sorta see horseshoes! I try to get a photo but the cell doesn't have a good enough camera for the distance. If I get closer to the mirror, I lose the lighting. I use my digital SLR with the long lens, but of course, it's made for right-handed people. So getting a shot of my left side is easy, but getting one of my right side with my left hand is problematic. And fuzzy. If I had the time and patience, I could set up a tripod to get the shot. Oh well...  But now I don't feel so awful about putting on weight. Of course, I'd still like to lose these extra 3 to 4 pounds. And my gym, Gold's Gym is offering a 12-week Transformation Challenge worth up to $100,000 in prizes. But the top winner gets about $6500 cash. It briefly crosses my mind, but it doesn't seem like enough money for the pain and suffering of getting "competition lean". Seriously.

Tuesday Workout

30 min x-trainer
Calories 141
Miles 3.76
Average Speed 7.50
Average Pace 8:00

HGPU 31

Smith SLDLs
Bar x 15
12 x 80, 100, 120, 130

Smith RG BB Rows
21 x 80, 100, 120, 130

Knee-Ins 50
HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...