Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Persistence

The iPhone 6+ that my husband handed down to me has a problem with the motherboard and can't be repaired. Instead, it needs to be traded-in, and then we can purchase a "new" iPhone 6+ for a discounted price. I'm not happy about that because it's still several hundred dollars more than just using my old iPhone 5. The 5 still works fine. It's just small, which fits into my tiny hands fine, but the camera is better on the 6+. And I shoot a lot of photos with my phone.

I turn in a few dozen beer and water bottles and get two bucks back in return. Well, better than tossing them into the recycling bucket because they won't be redeemed, and the state gets to keep all the bottle deposit money. It's a pain but it makes me feel slightly virtuous. Just like putting all my plastic bags and wrap into the recycling bucket, even though the town doesn't want that type of plastic. But I feel bad tossing that stuff into the trash. I don't want sea turtles mistaking them for jellyfish, and dying slow tortuous deaths because they can't tell the difference between sea life and plastic refuse.

Too bulky!
I spend 10 minutes warming up and cooling down on the elliptical today. In the interim I knock out 15 rounds of whack the kickboxing machine. All is good for the Beginner rounds. But then the machine starts to get a bit finicky, and won't register a series of Power Kicks. It also starts to blank the screen as the pad reels from a succession of Right Crosses. By the Advance rounds, the machine is sporadically blipping commands and deducting points when I don't hit them because it's just a brief flash on the screen. I'm not even sure what blow it was asking for. Oh well... I lose points for getting distracted. I almost fell into a panic attack right in the middle of a round, where suddenly I'm worrying about finances, bills and money. Those are definitely not things to be thinking about when you're kickboxing, machine or otherwise. It's the first time this has happened to me. Normally I can empty myself of all thought and just react to the machine commands. You could call it zen.

The ZMA bottle is empty so it's going to be warm milk and maybe chamomile tea tonight. The Optic Nerve vitamins recommend taking 4 capsules daily. Ugh. I used to take two with lunch and the remaining two at bedtime, but now I find they give me heartburn. Ugh. I have to spread them out throughout the day so I've found a good use for those bottles of nasty Ensure Enlive. It does have 20 gms of protein, but waaay too much sugar and fat. Still, I can use it to wash down a few vitamins before my workout. I'm bummed that the gym scale still reads 112.0 lbs.

Of course, my hair is soaking wet and I've sucked down virtually all my water. Yes, anything to justify this stagnation. I'd like the scale to move just a skosh in the right direction consistently. But in reality, what will happen is total stagnation, and then a sudden drop. If I can persist. Hell, I have clothes I like that are going to be uncomfortable until I drop these 5 lbs. Yep, persistence is key.

Wednesday Workout

10 min elliptical
0.83 miles
96 calories

15 rounds Nexersys
Follow Me program

10 min elliptical
LISS
Miles 0.57
Calories 42

HGPU 31

Photos for actual stats:

5 rounds Beginner (felt great as a warm up)

5 rounds Intermediate (trouble in round 3!)

5 rounds Advance (rounds 2 and 4 had my head messed up, and I never quite recovered) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...