Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Getting Serious

Post Halloween and the gym is remarkably quiet. I get on the cross-trainer, beating a guy to it by a few seconds. Good for me! I start off a bit slow, and remarkably my right foot doesn't go all numb in the toes. Yaaay! I am feeling a wee bit stiff and sore. Not enough to impede anything, but just enough to know it. I wish I could say that push ups and pull ups feel easier, but they don't. The Smith is in use, but like yesterday, after I set up on the MaxRack, the dude is done. Yaaay me again!

SLDLs feel routine, but I decide to up my reps to 20 for RG BB Rows. It feels right. Pull Ups are still hard. The Mayor is long gone. Thank goodness. I get three really good sets on the Seated One-Ar, Cable Rows. My elbows and forearms start to complain a tad. Ugh. Time to burn a few more calories on the elliptical. Then more pull ups. And a good stretch.

No more slacking on the cardio. And back to eating more salads. And no more beer or hard ciders until I lose those nasty 5 lbs. Down one pound today. Four more to go! Or maybe five...

Good workout

Tuesday Pull Day
(6.2 total cardio miles)

30 min x-trainer
3.72 miles
239 cal
8:07 av pace
7:39 mph

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 x 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60 sec
Side Planks 2 x 60 sec
Elbow Plank 60 sec

Smith SLDL
Bar x 15
12 x 80, 100, 120, 130

Smith RG BB Rows
20 x 80, 100, 120, 130

HGPU 31
Seated Cable 1-arm Row
45 lbs x 12 x 3

30 min elliptical
Program 3
Calories 278
Miles 2.48

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...