Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Slightly Abbreviated Workout

Drove my son to the school bus stop just so I wouldn't waste time putzing about the house. I wanted to have as much time as possible for my workout because Back and Bicep Day tends to run long, especially since I add cardio to the mix. 'Cuz I'm not coming back to the gym once I leave for the day. I still cut back on my warm up cardio, and only do 10 minutes instead of 15. It won't kill me.

Max Rack RG BB Rows are first. Maybe I feel a tad more energetic, having been spared 5 min of cardio. I check the app on my phone to see what I did last week. Nope, don't wanna do 3-4 sets at 125 today. Don't have the patience today. I work up to 145 lbs and then finish with 25 reps at 105 lbs. It feels pretty good. I wish my shoulders would stop peeling though. Even with vigorous loofah scrubbing and a generous application of skin cream, there are little white flakes peeling off my upper arms and shoulders. I'm glad the lighting is bad in here.

I'm feeling too tired to do 3 sets at 120 at the Seated Cable Row so I decide to pyramid up and down. Then I switch the handles for One-Arm Seated Cable Rows. Unfortunately, a short beefy kid decides he needs to slam the weights every time he finishes a set of rope-pulls at the cable station directly perpendicular to mine. I hate the jarring slam of the weights. It's distracting and disruptive. I'm the type of lifter who moves very deliberately, and usually brings the weight stack down silently if possible. So I don't appreciate this idiot and cut my workout here short. I do 3 sets on the Lower Back Extension machine and then grab a 40 lb BB.

There's so much equipment and so little space that I'm just a foot away from the mirrored wall at the end of the DB rack. The weight-slamming idiot is apparently doing Arms today so now he's behind me at the Preacher Bench with plates on the EZ bar. The Mayor is chatting with some kids with DBs at a flat bench, but then loads plates on the Shrug Machine just to the right of me. He has to move the machine first because we are waaaay to close to be safe. He puts two big plates on each side and then shrugs 3-4 times. I'm sooo not impressed, but that's my nature.

I'm resigned to doing partial movements on the Drag Curl because it doesn't hurt my elbows and it seems to isolate my biceps in a good way. After 3 sets of 15 reps, I decide that I should up the weights next week. I know people are always saying if you can't do the form correctly, then drop the weight until you can. Except when the 2nd part of the form is causing serious tendon damage. I say, know your limitations and work around them. If I drop the weight to 20 lbs I'm pretty sure I can do a full range of motion, but my biceps won't feel a thing and I'll still develop tendonitis. No point to that. I do 3 sets of RG BB Curls with the same 40 lb BB, only I do sets of 25 reps even though my forearms are burning. Yeah, I should definitely up the weight here.

I don't even think about whether I have enough energy to do cardio, only if I have enough time to do 30 minutes and still be able to shower, change and make it home in time for the school bus. Cutting LISS from 20 to 10 minutes also crosses my mind. But I stick to 10 min HIIT and 20 min LISS and knockout a quick lower back and shoulder stretch. My core is just a tad sore from the 3 sets of 90 second planks I did yesterday, and the stiff-backed sit-ups that make my tailbone a bit achy. I guess they did something if I'm sort of feeling it today. Tomorrow is the last day of school so I'll be rushing through my workout. And Friday there's no school so I'll have my son in the Child Care room even though he desperately wants to workout instead. So that'll be a super rushed workout. Oh boy.

Wednesday Back and Biceps Workout
(3.36 miles total cardio; 29,970 lbs moved)

Warm Up
Calorie :   45 CAL
Distance: 1.24 mile
Speed :    7.46 mph
Duration : 00:10:03
Set 1 : 55x15
Set 2 : 105x15
Set 3 : 125x15
Set 4 : 135x15
Set 5 : 145x15
Set 6 : 105x25
Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 105x10
Set 3 : 120x8  Drop SetSet 4 : 105x10
Set 5 : 90x12
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 45x10
Set 3 : 60x8
Set 1 : 210x12
Set 2 : 210x12
Set 3 : 210x12
(partial)
Set 1 : 40x15
Set 2 : 40x15
Set 3 : 40x15
Set 1 : 40x25
Set 2 : 40x25
Set 3 : 40x25
Calorie :   2006 CAL
Distance: 2.12 mile
10 min HIIT
20 min LISS
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...