Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Learning to Become Efficient

At the school bus stop today.
Today is Cardio Tuesday. Well, I do some abs as well. And it's also Early Dismissal for the rest of the school year, which entails today and the next two days. No school Friday. Which means I need to shorten my workouts. A lot.

I do 30 minutes on the LifeFitness Cross-trainer but I feel kind of sluggish. Like I haven't had enough sleep. Binge-watching Nurse Jackie has kept me up when I should be sleeping. I have my dayglo UnderArmor running shorts on because I like not having my shorts ride up my thighs when I'm hot and sweaty. So I have to be careful when I stretch because although I'm wearing underwear, running shorts are pretty dang short.

I knock out some twists on the Torso Twist machine, then do another 30 minutes on the Precor elliptical, running Performance Program #3. The Mats are full of guys chatting while stretching or doing abs. The classroom is dark with yoga mats and twisted bodies. I go back to the CF area where the Nexersys machines are and use the footbar to anchor myself for sit ups. If I'm strict with the movement, my neck doesn't hurt. But there's no foam mats lying around to cushion my butt, and after two sets of 50, my tail bone is a bit sore. So I grab the beat-up, 4-panel blue gym mat, unfold it in the CF area and stretch a little before doing planks. After 3 sets, I put the mat away and do another set of sit ups. Done!

Coming home, a pick up truck is stopped in the road in front of me. I'm not quite sure what he's waiting for. Until I see a small bird run out past his truck and then run back out of my field of vision. There's baby birds trying to cross the road. They don't look like goslings though. Eventually another bird runs out. Followed by a tall, stately wild turkey. And then finally, the last baby bird. Once they are safely across, we proceed slowly. It's spring. Have to be mindful.

Tuesday Cardio and Ab Workout
(6.72 miles total)


Steady State
Calorie :   147 CAL
Distance: 3.77 mile
Speed :    7.52 mph
Duration : 00:30:05

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Steady State
Calorie :   264 CAL
Distance: 2.95 mile
Perf Prgm #3
Duration : 00:30:00
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:01:30
Set 2 : 00:01:30
Set 3 : 00:01:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...